Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this issue? We r in SE Florida presently & it is running in high 80's to low 90's even at night very warm & humid
With the A/C on the windsheild fogs up badly and we must keep using wipers to clear the window. I have tried different vents & regulating to a warmer temp (74, 72 vs LO) nothing is helping
any advise would be appreciated!!

Because it's on the outside, the solution may be a window coating such as RainX. Condensation happens when the object is cooler than the air. It's very hard to get it right using heater or A/C (much easier if condensation is on the inside). Also try setting the wipers to automatic on the lowest setting. It's still the wipers, but you won't need to do any manual intervention.

Because it's on the outside, the solution may be a window coating such as RainX. Condensation happens when the object is cooler than the air. It's very hard to get it right using heater or A/C (much easier if condensation is on the inside). Also try setting the wipers to automatic on the lowest setting. It's still the wipers, but you won't need to do any manual intervention.
thanks for your rapid response! Nothing else? this is a permanent thing? I guess I'll try the RainX
thanx

thanks for your rapid response! Nothing else? this is a permanent thing? I guess I'll try the RainX
As far as I'm aware, condensation happens on every vehicle (at least all the many vehicles I've had) whenever the weather conditions are right. The RainX (or similar products) just make it easier for the water to disperse. Not sure about the X, but some S owners indicated they needed to change wiper blades after using RainX to prevent chatter.

I described incorrectly !!
it's FOG on the outside of car & as soon as I wipe away it returns GIANT UGH
Maybe I'm missing the point. Is the condensation of the outside or inside? If it's on the inside there are coatings that are supposed to prevent that. (I haven't actually used any of them because the issue is not all that frequent where I live).

I notice this in certain weather conditions as well, far more often than in previous ICE vehicles, and I've decided that it's probably just part of owning an electric car. I don't KNOW that it isn't due at least in-part to poor quality on Tesla's part (why should enough cold air to cause this make it to the windshield through the defrost/defog vents when air is being directed only to the face and/or floor vents?), but I do THINK a hot engine in the front of the vehicle would probably prevent this from happening most of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: jerseygirl18
Just head back up north. Then there will either be lower humidity that removes the moisture that collects on your windshield. Or the moisture will turn to ice when it hits the windshield and you can scrape it off!:D

Or do like we did and move someplace where the air is drier. :)