Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why am I NOT taking the words of the CEO verbatim is simple.

The CEO is wrong.

That's why. Its simple.

I don't honor positions like other people. If you are wrong then you are wrong. From the president to the most menial position on the country.

I don't care if he is the CEO. He calls it a refund and it is NOT. Period. Its an exchange.

Maybe if I become the CEO I'll call all Teslas Bugatti's. Will you believe me just because I'm a CEO?

well, I think you've discovered why no one has raised concern regarding your objections,
as the CEO has designated what the money give back is, your view is an opinion per se?

remember he designated it a REFUND, corporate added the FUSC referral reversal condition.

but given that facts don't seem to matter, I hold no clarity that your opinion will reverse his words.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
remember he designated it a REFUND, corporate added the FUSC referral reversal condition.

...what?

The remove FUSC for $5000 back was directly from Elon

Initially Elons reply to the 5k price cut was to point out new buyers don't get FUSC like old ones did.

Here's his two tweets when folks pointed out FUSC wasn't as valuable as the $5000 savings "new" buyers got-

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk said:
if you want $5k refund & free Supercharging turned off, we will do that.

And

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk said:
Ok, we will turn off lifetime free Supercharging and give you $5k refund

No idea where people got the idea the refund was ever offered without the trade for losing FUSC.

Agreed, but there is merit to objecting to Elon's use of the word "refund" here.

Eh...not sure there is...

He's offering to refund the 5k + buyers paid for the PUP, but only if they agree to give back the incentive they got that new buyers (who already get + without paying 5k) don't get... which is FUSC.

It's a way to make old and new buyers roughly equal in what they paid and what they got.... (and old buyers are still a little ahead since they got to drive the car longer, got to use FUSC for months, and for many of them got lifetime free data that nobody gets anymore too).

So.. we're holding Tesla accountable equally for things they did and didn't promise? Weird.

Sadly yes, it seems. Remember this is the same forum that kept insisting (20 page thread) that Model 3 Dual Motor AWD would have longer range than Model 3 RWD based on a some statements Elon made back in 2014 about Model S Dual Motor which is a completely different car. I lump all these together (Ludicrous Mode, longer range for dual motor Model 3, and HUD) as forum echo chamber wishful thinking.

Eh...not sure there is...

He's offering to refund the 5k + buyers paid for the PUP, but only if they agree to give back the incentive they got that new buyers (who already get + without paying 5k) don't get... which is FUSC.

It's a way to make old and new buyers roughly equal in what they paid and what they got.... (and old buyers are still a little ahead since they got to drive the car longer, got to use FUSC for months, and for many of them got lifetime free data that nobody gets anymore too).
"Refund with other conditions" is not something I would call a refund. An "offer" perhaps.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
well, I think you've discovered why no one has raised concern regarding your objections,
as the CEO has designated what the money give back is, your view is an opinion per se?

but given that facts don't seem to matter, I hold no clarity that your opinion will reverse his words.

Yeah, you are right. I don't think my opinion will reverse his words either because there just aren't enough of me who wants to keep free supercharging.

oh well..... np.

"Refund with other conditions" is not something I would call a refund. An "offer" perhaps.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't call a conditional refund a refund. The word refund is right there in the name :)

Seriously- it's not unique, or even that uncommon, to have conditions on refunds from companies. Doesn't mean they aren't refunds.

The thing that's different here is you're getting a refund and keeping the thing the refund is actually for (the + upgrade)

Tesla is (generously IMHO) allowing you to return promo item B (FUSC) and get a refund on the much more expensive item A (+ pack) you actually spent money on and get to keep.

My check from Tesla isn't expected yet as one month will be Dec 25th and I don't expect it to be on time anyway. However, I see in my account I was charged for a short SC session this Saturday. Not a big deal to me as I don't supercharge much (this was first time with the car) and that goes away with this agreement anyway, but if you supercharge often you may want to look to see if you are being charged post-agreement with Tesla on swapping FUSC with the check.

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner
TBH I'm shocked anybody got one before Jan 1

I understand your sentiment,
I don't understand expecting
a corporation to not project
payments with honest dates?

if tesla was gilding the lily for
earnings reports, and these
refunds were a HUGE portion
of the balance sheet, why then
wouldn't they have promised
all individuals delivery into next
quarter, they could have very
easily promised me 8 weeks?

promised 4 weeks,
check dated 4 weeks + 1 day,
arrived today USPS @ 5 weeks
$5,000.00 (no sales tax)
no reference on check or amount?

Just to cement the reality of these refunds actually getting delivered, if it is possible can you photograph the check, use Photoshop or other editing software to blur-out/blackout/redact your personal information, the check routing and account numbers, and the signature, and then post the edited photo here?

I believe you are the first one who has posted that they actually received the check.

It looks like you got your confirmation e-mail regarding the refund around 11/10 according to your 5 week statement. If I may ask, when did you request your refund?