Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new here. How are you all going about requesting the refund? I have tried twice now in the past month using the support form after logging into my Tesla account on their website. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Are you emailing support directly or calling?

• Informative
Reactions: PA ZU
Today marks the 4 week mark for me and still nothing. Will wait to end of week before I reach out to Tesla.

why wait, seems they are building in response time buffers?

it will be interesting to hear of 1st check delivered!

I got my “check will be in mail” 4 week promise on 11/13,
which makes 4 weeks 12/11, no word sine 11/13...

still wondering if tesla will include sales tax on refund $$$?

As an investor, I'd rather they don't sent out any checks until after 1/1/2019. Q4 2018 financials will be critical. ;)

Honestly, I don't think the amount of people requesting refunds are that numerous. Not everyone knows about PUP Gate and some who do might elect to keep FUSC.

Another run of Surfboards should cover the refunds.

For those of you that got the confirmation that a check will be sent to you, do you currently have FUSC?

I took delivery on Oct 22 and don't have FUSC so I can technically not give it back against a 5k refund...

If you paid the old price and didn’t have FUSC you would be eligible to have it.

That’s why a lot of 3P +/- buyers are upset because they already got free FUSC but have to give it up.

You are in a decent position because you would be getting something you weren’t eligible for initially.

Hello,
Thank you for the confirmation. I have submitted the refund for $5,000 and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. The check will be mailed to the address you listed below within the next 4-8 weeks.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,
I sent an email to them before and also used the contact form in my account.

The first response I got from the email was that the concern will be forwarded to the famous bEloved “TWEET team” for follow up. Um ok that sounds like they are only handling this case by case and will try to avoid you by all means until you forget about it.

Today I received the response from the form submitted early last month that I’ll need to confirm my address to get my check. After comfirmation I got the response above.

I sent an email to them before and also used the contact form in my account.

The first response I got from the email was that the concern will be forwarded to the famous bEloved “TWEET team” for follow up. Um ok that sounds like they are only handling this case by case and will try to avoid you by all means until you forget about it.

Today I received the response from the form submitted early last month that I’ll need to confirm my address to get my check. After comfirmation I got the response above.

Which form?