Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed Model Y scheduled delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People need to temper their expectations on delivery in March. Elon was very clear in the 4th Qtr call that there would be "LIMITED" deliveries in March. I bet they won't even get up to 1000/wk until sometime in late spring/early summer. Gonna be some really disappointed folks out there.

Also worth mentioning no prize for being a teething issues tester @ $55k+.

Technically not true if taking the P3D into account.
Didn't Tesla adjust the price to basically try & sell more cars at a lower price point for the P3D's after they were able to improve their manufacturing processes?

They didn't really markup anything IMO.

People were caught out jumping early when Tesla pricing plan was still in flux.

Like I listed above there is never any prize to jump in early esp. with technology.

Heck they are still testing as we speak:
Tesla Model Y gets dirty all the way to Quebec ahead of start of deliveries - Electrek

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
You mean to say they didn’t price the Model 3 high initially to squeeze profits while the paint was still wet? Manufacturing processes or not I would bet dollars to donuts if EM hadn’t promised a $35,000 car, prices likely would stayed right where they started, best case with adjustment for the fed tax credits sunset.

A full kitchen sink W/W P3D+ was up to $81,500 at one point compared to about ~$68,000 now.

Last edited:
You mean to say they didn’t price the Model 3 high initially to squeeze profits while the paint was still wet? Manufacturing processes or not I would bet dollars to donuts if EM hadn’t promised a $35,000 car, prices likely would stayed right where they started, best case with adjustment for the fed tax credits sunset.

A full kitchen sink W/W P3D+ was up to $81,500 at one point compared to about ~$68,000 now.
With the Tax Credit - $3.5k difference only now. Two years later, the manufacturing costs decreased and savings subsequently passed on to consumers. Do you think legacy makers and dealers would do the same?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia