Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Not Available for 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure you located the HomeLink connector/plug?
You are the first to have found a different connector if ever on a Model 3.

Previously (on 2022 or earlier Model 3) there is a connector/plug for Radar and HomeLink next to each other taped behind the front bumper crash bar.
Hi, the install video I was watching showed that the connector was taped as part of a wire bundle. The picture you posted does in fact match what I have. So if that connector is Homelink, then I was mistaken. I was assuming that mine would have been taped rather than dangling free below the frunk latch mechanism.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
just to cover all the bases, the harness is bundled up and may not be obvious that there's an extra plug and may need to be unwrapped to expose. The plug is also capped with dust cover so it might not look obvious that you can plug anything to it.
When I did my Homelink retrofit on my 2022 Model Y, the homelink plug needed to be unwrapped from the harness and it was located closer to the driver side fender than the frunk hatch. It took me a while to find it. Once unwrapped, it easily reached the mounting spot near the frunk latch.

Hi, the install video I was watching showed that the connector was taped as part of a wire bundle. The picture you posted does in fact match what I have. So if that connector is Homelink, then I was mistaken. I was assuming that mine would have been taped rather than dangling free below the frunk latch mechanism.

so your M3 harness is in the front near the latch? Glad you found it. I assume there's a mounting spot close by

I have a 10 year old Chamberlain garage door opener. It came with MyQ, which easily intergraded into the Tesla.

The Chamberlain garage door opener is by far the best GDO I've seen. Quite, smooth and notifies your phone when it opens/closes. Best feature, if left open for more than 10 minutes it closes itself. No more wondering if you closed your garage door.

My neighbor call saying there were several deliveries on my porch. His exact words, "Looks like the Amazon warehouse". I opened the door remotely with the phone app so he could put them in the garage.

1686925924262.png

I'm confused, it literally has an add to cart button for your 2023 Model Y.
It's Model 3 17-22 OR Model Y, OR Model 3 '23+.

That's the way I read it as well.

I stopped my my dealer and they said it should be made available to me after delivery. If not, the SA said to come in and schedule an installation there. The SA walked to back to talk to the lead technician who relayed these instructions. He said there is no known HomeLink incompatibility with current model Ys

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Very tempted to just go the eBay route and save $150 or whatever. Looks like the DIY install is pretty straight forward -- other than every YT video showing people installing it backwards first and then updating/linking to new video where they show the correct mounting on the other side (that screw looks like a PITA so will probably just zip tie the bracket down instead).

PS. Alleged reports of Tesla associating Homelink units bought through them to one's car and disabling self/DIY installs in future software updates as stated in this post are just FUD/BS, right?
I have yet to see anywhere or in these forum Tesla disabling any of the DiY HL install.

I have used/moved the same 2 HL modules across 3 Model 3s and 3 Model Ys and have yet to be disabled by software update. 🤞

Reactions: rub1k
Thanks for all the info in this thread. Very tempted to just go the eBay route and save $150 or whatever. Looks like the DIY install is pretty straight forward -- other than every YT video showing people installing it backwards first and then updating/linking to new video where they show the correct mounting on the other side (that screw looks like a PITA so will probably just zip tie the bracket down instead).

I’d send you one via the mail, but I’m sure it’ll rip out of a standard envelope if I sent it snail mail.
$7 for the right bolt seems cheap in the grand scheme of things.

I’d send you one via the mail, but I’m sure it’ll rip out of a standard envelope if I sent it snail mail.
$7 for the right bolt seems cheap in the grand scheme of things.
Hah! Thank you but no worries. I'll take a closer look and see.

Also, to clarify, I meant that the screw has to be tightened from the front (of the car) since the Homelink unit and bracket have to be mounted facing OUT the front of the car... and there isn't much room to get one's hands (and a wrench) in there, especially with bigger hands, etc.

Let me find a picture.. or, here, this video (and thumbnail) shows the wrong vs. correct install location. Apparently it's real common for people to slap it in facing the wrong way and call it a day. Haha.

On another note, if anyone needs the actual part numbers for all 3 items, these should be correct:

Code:
1114984-00-B - MODULE, HOMELINK V, OPTION2 (~$200?)
1098355-00-B - BRACKET, HOMELINK V (~$30?)
1100020-00-A - BOLT,TRX,FLG,M6-1.0X23[8.8]-MP (~3¢?)

Hah! Thank you but no worries. I'll take a closer look and see.

Also, to clarify, I meant that the screw has to be tightened from the front (of the car) since the Homelink unit and bracket have to be mounted facing OUT the front of the car... and there isn't much room to get one's hands (and a wrench) in there, especially with bigger hands, etc.

Let me find a picture.. or, here, this video (and thumbnail) shows the wrong vs. correct install location. Apparently it's real common for people to slap it in facing the wrong way and call it a day. Haha.

On another note, if anyone needs the actual part numbers for all 3 items, these should be correct:

Code:
1114984-00-B - MODULE, HOMELINK V, OPTION2 (~$200?)
1098355-00-B - BRACKET, HOMELINK V (~$30?)
1100020-00-A - BOLT,TRX,FLG,M6-1.0X23[8.8]-MP (~3¢?)

Oh interesting. I guess I have it mounted backwards as well. I'll have to flip it around. Haven't had an issue with range.