Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Not Available for 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen comments (forgot where) mentioning that Tesla service people have also installed it in the wrong position -- sounds crazy, not sure if I can believe that so maybe take with a (huge) grain of salt but anyway.
Tesla Service also says my driver’s side mirror glass vibrating where I cannot see anything while driving is normal too.. so.. yeah..

Sorry to wake up this long thread. I got the same screen and I took MYLR delivery last week.
Updated.

Although I still can't directly select/order the module from the Tesla App, I've found the alternative to make this work in my case.

I first opened the Tesla shop via the browser from my laptop, then scan the QR code via the smartphone and open the item from Tesla App. All of sudden this allows me to choose and add to my cart and get it ordered.

The only downside is that it pointed me to get it installed in the Service Center and the schedule is 4-weeks from today. I'm messaging to Tesla to see if this can be done by scheduling the mobile visit to my address and moving up my schedule.

For anyone else having trouble ordering from the Tesla app, make sure you're selecting the "Model Y and 2017-2022 Model 3" option (see screenshot here). The incompatible message disappears and you'll be able to add to cart, etc. (second screenshot). The second option might get cut off if you're using a low resolution and/or large fonts on your phone, so it's easy to miss.

I received my eBay ordered unit (~$200 after CA tax+shipping) and it looks brand new. Just haven't had time to install it yet. Will report back after I do (next weekend or thereabouts).

Reactions: Looking and ag21
I bought the "2017-2023 Tesla Model 3 HomeLink Garage Door Opener Control Module 1508524-00-A" kit from eBay in March. (Listing says Model 3, but 3 and Y are the same part numbers). About $200 for kit, shipping, sales tax.

Installed it in my 2023 MYP in about 30 minutes. (look for YouTube videos for the installation).

Has been working flawlessly for 3 months now.

Reactions: ag21 and rub1k
The eBay seller I got mine from reduced the price to $167 (+$7 shipping) from $177 so it's even cheaper now. Seems to have a lot available because they're selling large quantities and then re-listing another batch when 60-70 are sold, and repeat. Are eBay links allowed? I can share if anyone can't find it. Also, not affiliated and don't personally know the seller, etc.

The eBay seller I got mine from reduced the price to $167 (+$7 shipping) from $177 so it's even cheaper now. Seems to have a lot available because they're selling large quantities and then re-listing another batch when 60-70 are sold, and repeat. Are eBay links allowed? I can share if anyone can't find it. Also, not affiliated and don't personally know the seller, etc.
There are a couple eBay sellers of these kits.

I think as long as you get a new kit that has the module, bracket, and bolt from a seller that has sold hundreds with a rinse-and-repeat listing, that has near 100% positive feedback with comments that say the kit works great, then you should be good to go for that kit.

Unless you are completely car illiterate, I can't see why someone would pay $350 plus tax for Tesla to install one. You can get the kit on eBay for half that price and install it yourself by watching a 20 minute YouTube video.

If you have done anything minor in a Combustion Car, like changing oil, changing air filter, changing battery, etc. Then this install will be a piece of cake (and you won't even get your hands greasy!).

Reactions: ag21 and rub1k
There are a couple eBay sellers of these kits.

I think as long as you get a new kit that has the module, bracket, and bolt from a seller that has sold hundreds with a rinse-and-repeat listing, that has near 100% positive feedback with comments that say the kit works great, then you should be good to go for that kit.

Unless you are completely car illiterate, I can't see why someone would pay $350 plus tax for Tesla to install one. You can get the kit on eBay for half that price and install it yourself by watching a 20 minute YouTube video.

If you have done anything minor in a Combustion Car, like changing oil, changing air filter, changing battery, etc. Then this install will be a piece of cake (and you won't even get your hands greasy!).
LOL. I respect your opinions. $350+Tax is the cost Tesla wants you to pay, it may include the cost of the module/operation/marketing/handling/labor. If anyone feels it's not worth to pay for the operation cost, yes, do it online from non-Tesla sources. If labor isn't needed and you know how-to, yes, DIY, or find someone else who can do it for you. If anyone still feels the half of Tesla's cost is not worthy of, go ahead to find another resource to get the module you want.

IMHO, there is no right/wrong, it's just the personal choice and everyone can make their own decisions after weighing all of the options. This happens in things in our lives. You can pay for food delivery, gardening, painting, car washing, education, etc., or you can DIY.

Well said, both of you (@EdJack and @retbesla)... It boils down to having the option of DIY for those who feel comfortable doing so or even enjoy the little project and feeling proud once done. Hah!

For those who don't want to bother and/or would rather pay a little extra to have Tesla do it, there's nothing wrong with that either.

In April 2023, a family member took delivery of a Model Y LR. When he attempted to place an order on the app for the Homelink, he was advised the Homelink was not available for his Model Y. According to him, service also confirmed the homelink module being sold on the online store is not compatible with his Model Y.

On the app, it gives two options: (1) "Model Y and 2017-2022 Model 3" and (2) "2023+ Model 3." The way the product is listed makes it seem like the homelink # 1 will work with Model Y vehicles of all model years, but will only work with 2017-2022 Model 3 vehicles. Perhaps this was just worded incorrectly?

In any event, hoping others here have more insight on homelink compatibility/availability for 2023 Model Y's.

Thank you!
d

Does anyone know the difference between the two modules for sale in the Tesla web site?
I guess the module for the 2023 M3 must be the newer
When you look in the Tesla Parts Catalog, it seems like they are the same part numbers. Maybe the 2023+ M3 has a different installation procedure or something they are trying to track. Guess we won't know until someone actually orders that new version, sees the parts list, and watches the installation.

I bought homelink from eBay and installed it myself. It was like 20min. The only pain was installing that 10mm bolt as you need to put from the front. You need to twist your fingers to fit the bolt. The rest is easy

It may depends on the location.

For labor for like diagnostic is like close to $200+ if I recall.

As per the HomeLink, they would not be charging for it as it is included.

For me, I bought the Homelink from @Jersey50 from this thread here and had it installed by Tesla mobile service at no charge.
Any more info on the bold part, please?

You just set up an appointment and said you already had the Homelink parts and they showed up and installed it for you for free?

Any more info on the bold part, please?

You just set up an appointment and said you already had the Homelink parts and they showed up and installed it for you for free?

When I submitted the service request to have HomeLink installed (see attached of how I wrote the request), it asked me if I had HomeLink, which I selected yes, followed by getting a appointment by Tesla mobile.

On the day, the technician came to my place, I supplied them the parts (purchase from Jersey50) and installed it. The tech was a bit surprised because the paper work was incorrect saying I did not have HomeLink even though I selected I have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231028_031834_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231028_031834_Drive.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: