Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla chat
No owners manual to date.
Accessories coming no specific date.
No 14-50 adapter comes with charger.

Welcome to Tesla
Me
10:17 AM
Please connect me with a Tesla expert.
Tesla
10:17 AM
Welcome to Tesla! How can we help you today?
Me
10:18 AM
I just updated my order for a new model Y performance and have a couple of questions
Sherrelle
10:19 AM
Sure, I'd be happy to assist.
Me
10:19 AM
1) Can I get the link to the owners manual for the model Y?
Sherrelle
10:22 AM
I don't believe that has been released yet, we don't have in on our internal site either.
Sherrelle
10:22 AM
We're still waiting on the specs for the vehicle to be released.
Me
10:23 AM
Wow when will it be released? We understand it is coming in a couple of weeks?
Sherrelle
10:24 AM
Hopefully soon, especially with deliveries starting. We have a lot of customers who are interested but we don't have the specs yet.
Me
10:25 AM
So no set date and not sure TK 2) When will accessories for the Y be online such as floor/cargo mats/liners be available?
Sherrelle
10:28 AM
Usually they'll release the accessories right before the first deliveries go out. They'll usually start with the floor/cargo mats and slowly release other things like roof racks etc. after.
Me
10:29 AM
Mats is what we are looking for the others can come later. 3) Can we get this mats delivered with the car or do they need to be order online separate?
Sherrelle
10:31 AM
You might be able to see if your delivery center got some in for those first round of deliveries and see if they have them available for purchase. If they don't have any then we would need to order online once they are released.
Sherrelle
10:31 AM
Let me check for you to see if they're the same as the Model 3 mats.
Sherrelle
10:36 AM
Okay our service department isn't 100% sure as they haven't received any. But they suspect they will be a little bit bigger than the Model 3 mats.
Me
10:36 AM
TY centre 350 km (220 mi) away. The M3 cargo (truck) mat may not work but front floor liner is what we are looking for 1st. My last question 3) does the charger come with a nema 14-50 adapter?
Sherrelle
10:37 AM
It will not come with the 14-50 adapter, that you would need to order online.
Me
10:38 AM
Out of stock most of the time but ty.
Sherrelle
10:38 AM
That one you might want to check with your local showroom as well. Sometimes they have them in stock.
Me
10:39 AM
TY end of questions
Read
Sherrelle
10:39 AM
Thank you for using Tesla Chat! I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for chatting with us!
If you have any more questions please reach out to us again.

That would be a massive hit to both revenue and downright lying to customers when the email states "Congratulations! Your Model Y is ready for delivery in March 2020." They'll definitely be delivering in March as they will want to realize the revenue and historically push vehicles to US customers at the end of each quarter. I would argue to say that you are wrong and that receiving the email with acceptance to all possible delivery days does indicate a high likeliood of deliveries.

Edit: Sorry if that came across as crass. Just a lot of people coming across with drastic uncertainty when there is already good evidence otherwise given, even directly from the source.

I am with PJFW8. The flurry of e-mails (not just March e-mails), per my speculation, is Tesla trying to 1) maximize 1Q deliveries 2) get a clearer picture on who is ready to take delivery 3) get a clearer picture on the trim/option mix 4) encourage shift to more immediately available trims/options. Hopefully Tesla has got their delivery logistics down and will be able to fulfill the orders for people with the March e-mails actually in March.

Reactions: PJFW8 and Aarons12
Has anyone who got the Delivery Email asked to add a Referral code to their order? So they get the 1,000 miles free Supercharging.It would be easy to forget this in the excitement and Tesla may not be allowing it. Would be good to know if we can get this when our deliveries come through.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Has anyone who got the Delivery Email asked to add a Referral code to their order? So they get the 1,000 miles free Supercharging.It would be easy to forget this in the excitement and Tesla may not be allowing it. Would be good to know if we can get this when our deliveries come through.
Referral program states it only applies to new S3X cars.

"Limits

Orders of a new or leased Model S, Model X or Model 3 must be placed through an active referral link on or after October 1, 2019 to be eligible for related benefits. Awards will be provided to eligible customers after delivery. Orders of Cybertruck, Model Y and used Tesla vehicles are not eligible."

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
@S3XYCarMD, last night I saw the "Prepare for Delivery" status in my account and it included the questions to prepare for delivery. I decided not to enter the data at that time since I still need to settle on a couple of things. This morning when I checked my account, it still indicates "Prepare for Delivery" but the questions have been removed and it now just says,
Can you see a tab that says Completed Tasks. It will be grayed but that gets you back to the details. The best thing this gets us is a detailed bill including taxes and delivery etc. So we can arrange financing with confidence.

Can you see a tab that says Completed Tasks. It will be grayed but that gets you back to the details. The best thing this gets us is a detailed bill including taxes and delivery etc. So we can arrange financing with confidence.
That may have been an option last night when I first got the "Prepare for Delivery" status on my account, but now all I see is this with no Completed Tasks tab:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 6.50.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 6.50.35 AM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 109
Referral program states it only applies to new S3X cars.

"Limits

Orders of a new or leased Model S, Model X or Model 3 must be placed through an active referral link on or after October 1, 2019 to be eligible for related benefits. Awards will be provided to eligible customers after delivery. Orders of Cybertruck, Model Y and used Tesla vehicles are not eligible."

Good info. Sux no referral award for Ys.

Now I'm just wondering when the folks that actually got a delivery email will be able to fill out all of the details. I got a delivery confirmation email but didn't have time to fill everything out before they stripped the page. I'm easy paying cash no trade-in, I'll be in and out hopefully with sooner delivery/pickup haha

Now I'm just wondering when the folks that actually got a delivery email will be able to fill out all of the details. I got a delivery confirmation email but didn't have time to fill everything out before they stripped the page. I'm easy paying cash no trade-in, I'll be in and out hopefully with sooner delivery/pickup haha

What do you see under "overview"?
Trying to see if there's a difference between yours and those who actually completed input...see above screen shot for mine.

When I press overview, I get exactly what it's in post 152. However last night I think I only got to entering my wife's (she thinks she's going to get to drive it!) DL number. She was asleep, and when I checked the Tesla site next day, I got the partially completed check list.