Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused about model 3 updates and software releases.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of us are waiting in atispation for V11 although no official confirmation of when, however being new to owning a Tesla i'm slightly confused on the version I should have installed.

My vehicle is on advance software updates however as of today it's still showing the latest version is 2021.4.18.
This is for a M3P 2021 (China manafactured model) made for the UK market.

Can anyone confirm this is correct latest version please as i'm aware there have been many other versions rolled out since although I guess it depends on the Geo and model?

Thanks in advance

There is no 'correct' version for a particular car.

Tesla release different versions to different cars over a period of time. Its just that this time there are even more versions and a longer period of time. Sometimes its obvious why certain cars get targeted with particular releases, Model, region, FSD etc, but other times it just seems to be random.

Something like TeslaFi firmware tracker shows the spread of versions across the TeslaFi fleet which is large enough to be a good representative sample. You do seem to be a bit off the curve if you are on 2021.4.18 - most common release is 2021.4.18.2 with just under 50%.

In my experience, standard/advanced only has a minimal impact on software availability. My best description is that standard may give a slight delay in software updates, but not always.

There are also early access programs (EAP) and the very limited FSD beta. EAP members do not usually make their cars particularly visible to firmware trackers, but non Tesla employee FSD beta participants seem to be highly visible on social media.

Last edited:
According to TeslaFi, over half the Model 3's are on 2021.4.18.x at the moment, including mine.

1627294007786.png

The logic of who gets offered updates isn't worth trying to follow, Tesla select cars based on so many different factor, including random selection of a percentage to move to a different version. I would say it looks likely that 2021.12.25.6 looks likely to be our next step, perhaps in over the next week.

Mine is a March 2020 LR with FSD and on 4.18.11.
for the last few months, there have been around 2K cars following a different path to the majority. Most are FSD.
However, in the last few weeks, updates have gone haywire with almost a dozen different versions being introduced.
I can only assume that these are fixing model specific bugs with at least some sorting heat pump issues on newer models.

Reactions: Orange
Hello! I am a new Tesla owner (5 days). I got a 3 Performance in Germany and wanted to ask if the updates are released same in the whole world or it depends on the location where you are? Do we also get the v.11 update in Europe or it’s only US update? I am on version v10.2 (2021.44.6), is that the latest one? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am a new Tesla owner (5 days). I got a 3 Performance in Germany and wanted to ask if the updates are released same in the whole world or it depends on the location where you are? Do we also get the v.11 update in Europe or it’s only US update? I am on version v10.2 (2021.44.6), is that the latest one? Thanks in advance!
I have a mate in California with 44.25.6. I'm in Spain with 44.25.2

It does vary quite a bit, and while I'm not 100% I think there is sometimes a waiting period when you get a new car.

Your version was current until yesterday, then the new 44.25.2 started to roll out.

It does vary quite a bit, and while I'm not 100% I think there is sometimes a waiting period when you get a new car.
Doesn‘t appear to be the case. Picked my M3LR up on 21st, it had 2021.thirty-something. Overnight last night it updated to 2021.44.6 (after getting it pushed from service because it had been stuck for 2 days), then updated to 2021.25.2 this morning, before I’d even had chance to see 44.6. So, 2 updates in the first handful of days.