Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confusing CT brake lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may be testing different designs. I'm guessing they went w/ red only due to size limitations. The US is odd in that it specifies a minimum area for brake lights, not intensity like other countries. So if you make the tail light area too small, you have to use the same lights for both brake and turn signals.

I was behind a stopped CT.

Attachments

• IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 59
Almost every Cybertruck picture or video I see there is something wrong with the Taillights. Either one is completely out or partially out or both are partially out.
I'm pretty sure they are turning off the tailgate taillight when they turn on the center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL).

In the first video, it's doing the normal one side off other side blink tail/stop combination behavior.

Shutter vs LED blink is often an issue with dimmed white LEDs. Those have color shift if driven at a different current, so they are pulsed. A red lamp with a constant brightness setting wouldn't require PWM and would have a driver circuit set to the proper current (esp on a 48V bus).
ICE cars can have a lower quality driver that compensates for alternator/ battery voltage.