Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecticut Dealers' Anti-Tesla FUD Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some dealership cronies apparently got time away from giving backroom handies to politicians long enough to throw together a pretty laughable website full of such relevant content as that guy who drove a Tesla into the Tesla sign.

But, unfortunately they are also quoting members of this site to fuel the arguments against Tesla, as is seen in their current cover article

They are referencing this CleanTechnica article which is quoting this post

Not sure if there's anything we can do about it... other than be mindful that anything said here can and will be used against us by corrupt organizations looking to screw over consumers and line their own pockets.

Hey, and Teslacrash.com, you can quote me on this: Get bent.

Anti-Tesla Website quoting TMC users/posts - www.teslacrash.com

Seeing that this is a CT based group, I sent an email asking for more information regarding their rationale for trying to Stop Tesla. That is the subject that was auto-populated when I clicked to send an email.

Last edited:
Anti-Tesla-Website-quoting-TMC-users-posts-www-teslacrash-com is a real click-bait title IMO. The referenced website has only reposted a CleanTechnica article that properly attributed sources, and which I don't recall folks getting their panties in a bunch over. The article simply talked about a much discussed issue here. I think we can be honest and open without the hyperbole that some other groups and organizations feel they have to use.

I use sent this email to [email protected] which is the email address that is used by that website:
----------------------

Your "Tesla Crash" website is ridiculous and transparently self-serving. And the article you show isn't about how Tesla is gouging its customers, it's about body shops overcharging and insurance companies screwing their customers.

Tesla just wants to be able to sell electric cars, offer consumers a superior buying experience, and help get the world off polluting oil that is changing the climate. The Connecticut auto dealers want to maintain their monopoly and charge high service prices.

No one enjoys the "dealer experience" of buying a new car. It's a nightmare. Tesla offers a refreshing change.

There are now only a small number of states that prohibit Tesla from selling directly. You are wasting time fighting a losing battle against consumer choice and a superior vehicle technology. Better to focus your energy on figuring out how to provide better customer service and compete openly and honestly with Tesla, or your future will be the road to extinction.

A satisfied and happy owner of two Teslas

Anti-Tesla-Website-quoting-TMC-users-posts-www-teslacrash-com is a real click-bait title IMO. The referenced website has only reposted a CleanTechnica article that properly attributed sources, and which I don't recall folks getting their panties in a bunch over. The article simply talked about a much discussed issue here. I think we can be honest and open without the hyperbole that some other groups and organizations feel they have to use.
Certainly wasn't trying to be over dramatizing in the title... I had just stumble upon the site via reddit and quickly threw a post together late at night.

If you or some other mod wants to edit the title to make it clear that (so far) they've only used one post... its fine by me. Just upsetting that they're using TMC content to further their own twisted agenda.

Whose side are you on? The title is entirely accurate. There is no hyperbole. They did repost an article based on a post here on TMC, but do they have blanket permission to repost the article, using images from TMC user standardcode? And yes, it did discuss issues much discussed here, but it also totally left out the resolution posted by standardcode.

The other article on that site is about the Tesla owner who picked up their car at the factory and immediately crashed it. How does that support their cause, or oppose Tesla's position to sell cars direct to the public? It's a shock website, aptly named TESLACRASH.com. Clearly they're grasping for straws, and that's the best they can do.. put up photos of crashed Teslas that have nothing to do with their cause or political position.

Does Jal just cruise these forums and write about what other people have found?
Yes. They have dozens of posts a day, and the auto industry is relatively slow-moving. Without sounding too derogatory, as I generally enjoy Jalopnik's coverage, their content has to come from somewhere. Stuff hidden away on auto forums often has interest to the wider car community, IMO.

Generally a site can't take a user's posts and quote them in full. Interestingly, though, it appears to be properly attributed now.

Use the site for good, its a free form feild in the email they send out. Here is what I sent..

***Please do not reply to this email--this confirmation simply lets you know that your message was sent.***

majerus:

Thank you for supporting our effort. We appreciate your interest and hope that you will consider helping us again in the future.

If you want more info go here: Home

Your message has been sent to the following recipients:

* Senator John Fonfara
* Representative Angel Arce

The content of your message is as follows:

[The message(s) you sent had each recipient's salutation here]:

This is the dumbest website ever and is exactly opposite of what should be done. Instead of trying to stifle innovation, we should promote it. Please allow Tesla to sell direct to consumers.

Sincerely,

majerus
[Your postal address was included here]

LOL Majerus that's awesome that they forwarded your message to the politicians for you! (If they really did.)

Moderator Hat On Mode: I've revised the thread title to be a little bit less sensational.

It was a response email I received from the site... here is a pic

tesla_zpsdlkes2z3.jpg

Yeah. Pretty laughable. I doubt many people are buying it. So their premise is that Tesla or other factory-direct dealers or service centers will arbitrarily deny service? If that were a common issue, I can tell you they wouldn't be getting much repeat business. The idea that only franchised dealers can provide this is ridiculous.

Rather than responding back to the website, I think it would be far more productive if you sent an email to your Connecticut Legislator. There is a proposed bill (No. 198) by Sen. Art Linaires (his Tesla is on order) from Westport which has been referred to the Joint Committee on Transportation. The Automobile Dealers Association protested during a public hearing yesterday.

My understanding is the things are looking promising and Tesla may be allowed to start selling in CT within the next few months.

Write your legislators!!