Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity for messenging, CarPlay, etc. in M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current Model S owner with an M3 reservation (that appears to be expected Q2 of 2023)...

I'm shocked daily that Tesla manages to sell Model S/X that have zero smartphone functionality for SMS, proper podcast and music service control. I suspect buyers just assume surely the car with a 17" LCD has those functions. And of course, CarPlay or the android near-equivalent would solve this immediately...but that would end their illusions of doing this on their own. (The failed plan since 2012)

Is it really the case that the M3 has launched, and it still doesn't have these services that are now basic and standard in a Honda? I thought surely they will have this sorted by the time public deliveries begin.

You can play music from your phone via Bluetooth. Open the music by touching music icon, select “phone” from the options ( radio-streaming-phone) at the top. Select phone and then select music from the phone to play. I have been able to play from my play lists, Pandora, Spotify and TuneIn apps from my I phone.