Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity from Canada to USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have nothing to do. The connectivity will flow seamlessly. Now, I’m assuming that you already have premium connectivity? I pay for premium connectivity because I like to watch Netflix, Disney+, etc, when my partner goes shopping. Also I use it for Apple Music.

We are also going to the USA in August. The connectivity works great! Make sure your credit card is not locked for foreign transactions or you’ll get a nasty message from the SuperCharger Gods.

If you have premium connectivity, you don't have to do anything more. In general, it should connect to US data when you cross the border from Canada. However, on my last 2 trips recently, Tesla failed to connect for ~30 min and 20 min - and I had no data (traffic, routing, Spotify, etc.) while driving in Michigan - which was annoying, particularly the traffic routing (it worked fine afterwards once connected).

Reactions: DuncanM
Hi to all members.
I'm planning to travel from Canada to USA with my Tesla model 3 car. Do I need a specific upgrade to keep data connectivity during all the road trip? Or a roaming mobile data is enough to use the car gps?
Thanks
The only issue might be that the car will be reluctant to change over to the US Cell system, when you're near the border. After the switch over it's seamless.