Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering a Model X - Next year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Been lurking for a long time, finally getting "close".

We are considering a Model X, and will probably put down a reservation later this month.

Our question (and yes, we will talk with Tesla) is that we will probably not be ready to purchase the 70D until ~March of next year.

Will it be an issue if we come up from the reservation list and tell Tesla that we are not ready yet?

-Harry

Hi,

Been lurking for a long time, finally getting "close".

We are considering a Model X, and will probably put down a reservation later this month.

Our question (and yes, we will talk with Tesla) is that we will probably not be ready to purchase the 70D until ~March of next year.

Will it be an issue if we come up from the reservation list and tell Tesla that we are not ready yet?

-Harry

I'd suggest contacting Tesla and tell them your situation. They haven't "forced" any reservation holders to configure so I assume it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi,-Harry

Welcome to TMC...Just hold off...your reservation to invitation wait is short , TESLA is calling reservation holders to configure their vehicles , even arranging test drives, very few international production Model X reservation holders have ordered due to very high price difference between US and other countries. I got a call and was accommodated for a test drive in Vancouver, Canada , i am not going to order right now. I am sure the design studio will open to all next month after the Model 3 reservations on March 31st/April 1.

Welcome to TMC...Just hold off...your reservation to invitation wait is short , TESLA is calling reservation holders to configure their vehicles , even arranging test drives, very few international production Model X reservation holders have ordered due to very high price difference between US and other countries. I got a call and was accommodated for a test drive in Vancouver, Canada , i am not going to order right now. I am sure the design studio will open to all next month after the Model 3 reservations on March 31st/April 1.

My main concern is how long the 70D list will be once the 70 starts production, and if deferral will help keep a place in line.

We are actually considering both a Model X and Model 3 reservation, though we would not be ready for the model 3 until 2018/2019 range.

-Harry

I'm curious about these test rides - any idea where this is happening ? The stores in MA don't have any Xs for test drives or on display that I know of. Are the test drives happening for reservation holders on California ?

I'm curious about these test rides - any idea where this is happening ? The stores in MA don't have any Xs for test drives or on display that I know of. Are the test drives happening for reservation holders on California ?

There are a couple of fleets of 4-5 cars touring the country for "Meet the Model X" events until the factory can catch up on the orders and start delivering Model X to Tesla Stores for permanent show.

Unfortunately you missed the Boston event - it was at the Dedham location few weeks ago. Interestingly, Tesla only has events currently scheduled through the end of the month: Meet Model X | Tesla Motors

Not at all clear what will happen after that. They haven't added anything as far as I remember from when I last looked at the list a couple months ago. Presumably, they are planning to evaluate the success of the "Meet the X" events at that point or they have an entirely different marketing/test drive plan for Q2.

Unfortunately you missed the Boston event - it was at the Dedham location few weeks ago. Interestingly, Tesla only has events currently scheduled through the end of the month: Meet Model X | Tesla Motors
I was planning to head over the Dedham store but ended up not getting there on time. Oh well. I'm hoping that they will have some Xs to at least see in person in Q2 as many seem to be anticipating. Thanks!