Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Safe or Other for Storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in CA makes this a little more difficult as I’m sure you are aware.

In a free state you could just use the glovebox. Your only really options based on my understanding of the CA laws is a hard-sided lockable container. You could toss it under the seat, in the trunk, or in the glovebox depending on the size of your CCW piece.

Thanks everyone, as someone that just ordered my Tesla, this is one of the priorities. I have a great safe from Console Vault and a great bag from PacSafe in my current vehicle for valuables and weapon, so I'll will just have to see what works best - or not leave it stored in the car. I think a small secure bag from PacSafe might do it - just need to figure out where to store it. The very last thing I want is for it to end up in someone else's hands. I appreciate all the suggestions.

I need to take a closer look at the truck to see where something can be secured.

In a free state you could just use the glovebox. Your only really options based on my understanding of the CA laws is a hard-sided lockable container. You could toss it under the seat, in the trunk, or in the glovebox depending on the size of your CCW piece.

Exactly, need to make sure all CA requirements are met. Thanks.

I actually looked around to see if I could figure out a way to install a mini-safe just to keep the sentry mode thumbdrive secure. The console area is really deep so that seems a natural spot, but not sure how you would secure it. Under the seats doesn't seem like enough space. I'm curious to see what you might come up with.

Side note. I know not everyone likes guns, and I certainly have my issues with our current gun control system, people who want to find a gun safe to keep their gun secure deserve support. It's the jerks to leave their firearms laying around to be stolen etc. that cause most of the problems.

Free to be irresponsible with a gun, yeah.