Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant Door Locking @ Home Driving Me Crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An quickly running short of patience with this thing. Its set to auto-lock doors and has the "Except for Home" checkbox selected. Doesn't matter, it locks the darn doors anyway. And it know's its home. Tessie automations that all run "on home arrival" work, and the car reports it's at it's home address under "location".

Doesn't matter, damn doors are locked. Again. Always. Annoying as hell too.

How do I get this thing to lock doors automatically and NOT do it at home?

I'd use a Tessie "arrival" command to unlock the doors but developer won't give us a "wait x minutes" command, so that doesn't work.

Help? TIA!

-d

An quickly running short of patience with this thing. Its set to auto-lock doors and has the "Except for Home" checkbox selected. Doesn't matter, it locks the darn doors anyway. And it know's its home. Tessie automations that all run "on home arrival" work, and the car reports it's at it's home address under "location".

I'd use a Tessie "arrival" command to unlock the doors but developer won't give us a "wait x minutes" command, so that doesn't work.

Help? TIA!

-d
Try remove and re-assign "Home" while your car have good GPS signal lock, like outside the garage vs inside the garage, then drive a block or two away and see if it recognizes your new "Home" location when you return.

Reactions: agmonaco

Help? TIA!

-d
It would be nice if it could stay unlocked at a 2nd or 3rd location. Like a vacation home or work.

My wife’s profile didn’t have that option selected so if the car connects to her phone then it would lock the doors

And that turned out to be it. The location appears (I guess) to be fine, and "Home" is a one-and-done for all drivers (odd), but the "exclude home" setting meanwhile is per profile. Apparently different programming teams eh?

Props to @Mulkogi

And that turned out to be it. The location appears (I guess) to be fine, and "Home" is a one-and-done for all drivers (odd), but the "exclude home" setting meanwhile is per profile. Apparently different programming teams eh?

Props to @Mulkogi
Glad it worked. For me all the locations were different per profile so i had set home address for both of us and different work addresses