Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contemporary/Modern Coachbuilders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I read someone say "the interior of the Model S isn't as luxurious as <insert German car manufacturer>," the comparison that comes to my mind is the Cadillac Catera.
Wasn't that car a Cavalier that they put in a luxury interior? If that's the gripe, why not buy an S70 and use the rest of the money to upgrade the interior? Sound? Seats? Which luxury is your poison?

With all this noise regarding the interior, you'd think someone would try to solve that "problem" and get rich from it.

Are there any modern day coachbuilders working with a Model S? Or are they all trying to avoid Saleen's fate?

Every time I read someone say "the interior of the Model S isn't as luxurious as <insert German car manufacturer>," the comparison that comes to my mind is the Cadillac Catera.
Wasn't that car a Cavalier that they put in a luxury interior? If that's the gripe, why not buy an S70 and use the rest of the money to upgrade the interior? Sound? Seats? Which luxury is your poison?

With all this noise regarding the interior, you'd think someone would try to solve that "problem" and get rich from it.

Are there any modern day coachbuilders working with a Model S? Or are they all trying to avoid Saleen's fate?

There are numerous independent shops offering custom interiors, most of them located in California. Here's an example...

P85D Ferrari Leather Custom Interior (Including Next Generation Seats))

You can find more by searching TMC for "custom model s interiors"

Custom bodywork on the Model S would pose challenges for many custom shops because of its aluminum construction.

Just to clarify.. It was the "Cimarron by Cadillac" that was the GM J-Car (Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac J2000, etc.) that was the dressed up, overweight, underpowered Cadillac version. They didn't even want to call it a "Cadillac Cimarron".