Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contest: What price will TSLA be added at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA average of posted entries is $751, with a standard deviation of $118 =16% (rounded). I left out one entry of $1 which I interpret as a typo.

EDIT: In the other estimate (highs this week and next week) this week got $752 :eek: - actually that consistency seems to be to good to be true!

Reactions: Robertj and CarlS
Just for the curious. here's everyone's guesses up to this morning (pre-market):
upload_2020-12-14_10-53-44.png

Reactions: CarlS and hobbes
Contest rules:
1. All prices must be posted here before market open on Monday 12/14/2020. If an edit shows after that, no good for you.
2. Winner will be the poster closest to the closing price on Monday 12/21/2020 on US exchanges.
3. In the event of a tie, please post your guess as to the closing price of the SP500 index (not an ETF like SPY). This will break ties.
4. Subject to the judge, earlier posts count more than later posts.
5. One guess per contestant.

I am considering a real life prize to ship to the winner! Overseas shipping considered.

OK, my guess is: TSLA closes 619.99, SP 500 closes 3680.

I am no longer considering a real life prize, there is a real life prize! I can't guarantee arrival by Christmas but do plan to ship priority mail on the 22nd via USPS. If you are US based this might reach you in time. I have only once shipped a package to Germany, it was about $100. I greatly hope that the winner responds to requests for real name and address via PM. We are actually packaging up most of the winning prize right now. Once the winner (or the next in line if winner is not comfortable giving real life info or fails to respond) is determined, then I will post what the prize is, perhaps even photos.

Thank you for your participation.

Easy there, Big Guy. “Be added” absolutely suggests that by which the S&P emplaces TSLA in its Index. The means by which they do that is declaring the percentage of the Index which will be TSLA. That percentage they determine by making use of the price of TSLA as of the close of trading on Friday Dec. 18.
Learn to read suggests reading comprehension. Reading comprehension suggests that by “be added” the contest was, as per above, the Friday closing price was the focus of the contest.
Reading accuracy is very different: the rules of the contest are, indeed, focused on closing price 12/21. Which is, of course, your decision as you made the contest.

Not to worry: it’s all in good fun. Barron’s is wrong in their emphasis - they’re suggesting Monday’s trading but it is Friday’s.

• Disagree
Reactions: MABMAB
Easy there, Big Guy. “Be added” absolutely suggests that by which the S&P emplaces TSLA in its Index. The means by which they do that is declaring the percentage of the Index which will be TSLA. That percentage they determine by making use of the price of TSLA as of the close of trading on Friday Dec. 18.
Learn to read suggests reading comprehension. Reading comprehension suggests that by “be added” the contest was, as per above, the Friday closing price was the focus of the contest.
Reading accuracy is very different: the rules of the contest are, indeed, focused on closing price 12/21. Which is, of course, your decision as you made the contest.

Not to worry: it’s all in good fun. Barron’s is wrong in their emphasis - they’re suggesting Monday’s trading but it is Friday’s.

I agree, there is a full days trading between "2. Winner will be the poster closest to the closing price on Monday 12/21/2020 on US exchanges." and the inclusion based on closing price Friday Dec 18 2020.

It will be interesting to compare the two numbers but the spirit of the OP and the rules of the OP don't line up exactly.

• Disagree
Reactions: MABMAB