Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contest: What price will TSLA be added at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Th SP Global press release makes no mention of today.

Tesla Set to Join S&P 500

It actually says "Tesla Inc. (NASD:TSLA) will be added to the S&P 500 effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, December 21"

There is a world of difference between "prior to" Dec 21 and 'end of day on dec 21' as you chose to do.

That isn't an argument just a clarification. You titled the thread "what price will tesla be added at" and you made the rules look at a price a full days trading after it's added.

upload_2020-12-18_13-55-45.png

upload_2020-12-18_13-56-59.png

• Disagree
Reactions: MABMAB
E8A99DF3-F669-440C-9A9E-AEEB8F4F7591.jpeg
So, the winner has indeed given us his address and name. The prize can now be disclosed.
We keep bees. Enclosed will be a quart (ish ) of local honey from our bees.
We raise pecans, crack and shell for the public. We are enclosing three large bags of pecans, each from a different type of pecan tree. Some large, some small.

We bake like the fattest Chef you ever knew. Included in the box are samples of the Holiday cookies we made as gifts this year. Many of these cookies take all day to prepare!
Fiori di Sicilia Spritz cookies.
Honey Mounds (our honey)
Baci di dama or Ladies Kisses
Cocoa Snowflakes- my personal favorite!
Cooks Illustrated Best Christmas Cutouts
Catalonia Almond Biscotti - OMG so darn good!
Melomakarona- this inspired by a greek doctor we used to work with.
Cinnamon and Curried Pecans
Chocolate Covered Citrus Peel--Yes, we candied the citrus peel
Pffernusse, the favorite of my spouse
Lebkuchen- a German Honey Spice cookie that ages well, better than what you can get in Germany we have been told.
Gingerbread boys.
Pecan Rounds- a new one for us also, basically make a butter out of pecans to start.

rearendcode, thank you for trusting us with your real info. I will forward tracking data to you once the box is on its way

And, SHAME ON those that tried to argue against the rules and this generosity!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
View attachment 619859 So, the winner has indeed given us his address and name. The prize can now be disclosed.
We keep bees. Enclosed will be a quart (ish ) of local honey from our bees.
We raise pecans, crack and shell for the public. We are enclosing three large bags of pecans, each from a different type of pecan tree. Some large, some small.
Happy Holidays!
Wow! If I'd known the prize I would have done everything known to mankind, even hired a team of Nobel prize winning economists to try and get the winning entry! @MABMAB be sure and let me know if you ever sponsor another contest!:)

• Funny
Reactions: reardencode
Um.....didn't TSLA go in at $695?

Yes, but the OP made a thread title about being added at a price then fleshed the thread out with a post about the price one days trading after addition. As in he chose closing price on day of addition as the winning number instead of actual price of addition (which is the closing price the Friday before).

Once post #115 was made Contest: What price will TSLA be added at? the title of the thread should have changed, but that takes a mod to do.