Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convince me on S60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did some playing around with the lease payment calculator on the design your S page. If you are able to put 25% down, the payments are <$200/month. Even with some options added.

It would be more economical for me to lease an S60 now (don't need a D) than to buy a cpo. Aesthetically the one thing I disliked a little about the model S was the nose cone so going new would make me happier there. I'm sending in info on our potential trade in tomorrow, that info plus figuring out the model 3 reservation issue will help me decide what to do I think.

Just did some playing around with the lease payment calculator on the design your S page. If you are able to put 25% down, the payments are <$200/month. Even with some options added.

right but does that reduce the overall cost of the lease over the 2 year term? I don't think so, therefore that would be like giving Tesla a free loan of my extra money rather than me paying it monthly.

Amount of down payment and monthly payment correlates almost linearly influenced by effective interest rate; which means, if you can generate more return on the cash than the effective interest rate they are charging, you will be better off paying less down.

I would go for CPO if the recent incremental updates (center console, refreshed front, HEPA filter and the likes) don't really concern you. You will get more range and more performance for similar price.

As for AP, it's very useful on well marked freeway and congested traffic. TACC and AP reduce stress level by a large margin in those situations. After driving the car for 2 months, I can't imagine going back to a car that lacks these functionalities now.

The other delima I now have is after going through inventory I see a couple of 2013 CPO P85's that have I think every option for ~60k in the colors I want. I would be giving up AP and seat heaters but would be getting a lot more for less money. I live in a rural area and do not have "divided highways" so I'm not sure how much AP would be missed (assuming I only use it as intended)? I know it's not recommended for undivided mountain roads where we drive 95% of the time. enjoying the discussion, thanks.

Your frugal self should compare insurance cost for a P85 to that of an S60...

Reactions: ScottnAZ
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a premium difference between P85 or 60 as it was reported by many people that insurance companies don't even ask specific configuration when giving a quote.

I'm sure there are variations by state, and perhaps by driving record. Geico certainly did ask which specific model I was purchasing.

There was an entire thread on TMC about Tesla changing what the "E" in the VIN means, and not updating the insurance company information. The insurance company read that "E" as meaning it was a Performance model, and once that was corrected, the premium went down significantly.

The other delima I now have is after going through inventory I see a couple of 2013 CPO P85's that have I think every option for ~60k in the colors I want. I would be giving up AP and seat heaters but would be getting a lot more for less money. I live in a rural area and do not have "divided highways" so I'm not sure how much AP would be missed (assuming I only use it as intended)? I know it's not recommended for undivided mountain roads where we drive 95% of the time. enjoying the discussion, thanks.

If you really want a car with AP, in addition to CPOs, one more avenue you might consider doing research would be Inventory Cars.

The major difference is these cars have never been purchased // registered, so you are still eligible for the $7,500 Federal Tax rebate, and any possible state tax rebates.
Mileage is all over the place on Inventory cars, some almost none, some over 14K miles.
They are typical loaner, display and test drive cars.

Had a long discussion yesterday evening with my wife and she nixed the model S plan for now. Main issue is we will be down to 2 cars when i3 lease ends and we need 4. Good chance we end up with a Model S/X and a model 3 eventually. Being responsible can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.