Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coordinated effort to voice concerns for lack of loaner cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I've owned a Tesla since 2015. I'm on my 3rd. Recently it appears Tesla has changed from a simple loaner car process to "uber credits". This is not acceptable.
Like most people, I have to 'work' to afford things, including cars. When I bought my latest Model X. I was not informed at sale that loaner cars would not be available. I currently have issues that I identified, at delivery that have not been corrected. I do not have the luxury of spending the entire day at a service center. And trust me... the people there would not want me doing that. However while my car is being repaired, I need a car. It's that simple. I read on here about another person having three child seats. I don't see why this simple process has been removed. This is horrible customer service. We need to express this to Elon and to Tesla. Back in the day, I would drop my car off, get a loaner, then swap them the next day. This was the best and easiest way to deal with service that required a shop. At 3 hours round trip, this made it less painful. Now I'll get to spend 3 hours driving, plus 5? 8? hours in a service center, hanging out.

Anyone else not exactly happy here..?

Reactions: curt_toolman
I've owned a Tesla since 2015. I'm on my 3rd. Recently it appears Tesla has changed from a simple loaner car process to "uber credits". This is not acceptable.
Like most people, I have to 'work' to afford things, including cars. When I bought my latest Model X. I was not informed at sale that loaner cars would not be available. I currently have issues that I identified, at delivery that have not been corrected. I do not have the luxury of spending the entire day at a service center. And trust me... the people there would not want me doing that. However while my car is being repaired, I need a car. It's that simple. I read on here about another person having three child seats. I don't see why this simple process has been removed. This is horrible customer service. We need to express this to Elon and to Tesla. Back in the day, I would drop my car off, get a loaner, then swap them the next day. This was the best and easiest way to deal with service that required a shop. At 3 hours round trip, this made it less painful. Now I'll get to spend 3 hours driving, plus 5? 8? hours in a service center, hanging out.

Anyone else not exactly happy here..?
I have been postponing my appointment until I get a loaner. In the meantime, not referring others to Tesla until it fixes this after sales service issue and become competitive with others. BEWARE Tesla - your customers are unhappy!

Elon:

You really need to return to the customer-satisfaction model of the Old Tesla; these new steps toward punishing us for using service (which is, sadly, a too often occurrence) are UNSAT.

Thanks.

Uber credits should be an option they offer to supplement the loaner fleet not a replacement for the loaner fleet. Just like my old traditional dealer used to offer a shuttle service option for those that didn't need a loaner.

I personally can't use Uber to get to work, they wouldn't be allowed past the gate. So, I would have to Uber to an Avis and pay for my own loaner, which is a step down from their competitors (Lexus, Acura, Audi all offered loaners when I owned those makes - it is part of the step up from Toyota, Honda and VW where I would not expect loaner service)

If Tesla wants to play in the upscale market, they have to provide equivalent customer service.

Reactions: Qbenjamin
I wonder if they'll be offering anything in the future. With the focus on lower cost cars and the laser focus on profitability, it's not all that out of the question IMHO.

I'll tweet Elon and Tesla twice a day. If everyone also does this, maybe it will have a positive impact. I don't think we are asking for much. Any other car company selling $85k+ cars... it's pretty standard that you'll accommodate someone spending that kind of cash.

For Bay Area people, I got a loaner a few times at the Pablo Alto service center, last time was a week ago. I had the loaner for about a week.

Looks like others were getting Uber credits, looks like they were prioritizing MS/MX owners whos cars would be in overnight for loaners.

Living in northern VA, if I had no kids, the uber credits would actually be kind of nice, but since I have 2 kids that are in car seats, this just doesn't seem practical. Shitty part is if that doesn't work for me I can rent a car? If I am bringing my car in for warranty work to fix something that shouldn't have broke in the first place you can damn sure bet I am not going to be renting a car while it's in the shop. Not to mention last time I brought the car in, it sat in their parking lot for 3 days before they even looked at it. Now my service appt has been rescheduled twice by them due to a "Back log" of cars they need to get to. SMH.

Because who doesn't love a good laugh:

From 2017: “Our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available” said Musk during the Q1 earnings call today. “If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous.”

Because who doesn't love a good laugh:

From 2017: “Our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available” said Musk during the Q1 earnings call today. “If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous.”
That’s just sad. Even if it was a top the line X it would probably be locked down in chill mode. Musk is amazing, but he often gets smacked down by reality.

I have been postponing my appointment until I get a loaner. In the meantime, not referring others to Tesla until it fixes this after sales service issue and become competitive with others. BEWARE Tesla - your customers are unhappy!

Same with my neighbor who has 3 kids in an X. Been postponing a service (obviously not detrimental to his driving ability) until he can get another X loaner confirmed. This is at the Dublin, CA location. I guess he can go to Fremont but that’s really out of his way to work.

I will believe it when I see it. He also said all service loaners would be top o' the line Teslas on two different occasions over the years. Neither time did that actually occur on a wide scale.

I am guessing individual service centers might be feeling the pinch from above to reduce their costs and are implementing these type of local policies. Which might explain why they are so inconsistent and why the CEO doesn't know about it.