Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cordless tire inflator with auto shutoff? Need recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a recommendation for a cordless tire inflator with a digital gauge and with an auto shut off feature, so that the pump automatically stops once the desired tire pressure is reached.

I found this one from Ryobi:

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Power Inflator Kit with 1.5 Ah Battery and 18-Volt Charger-P737DKN - The Home Depot

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
joebruin77

I got this one but with the older dial gauge and not digital gauge. Works great for quick fill ups and I have it in my tire repair kit. However I don't believe it has the auto shutoff feature you are desiring. Would need the ryobi dual inflator to get that feature. That pump runs a little larger then this one.

I need a recommendation for a cordless tire inflator with a digital gauge and with an auto shut off feature, so that the pump automatically stops once the desired tire pressure is reached.

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Power Inflator Kit with 1.5 Ah Battery and 18-Volt Charger-P737DKN - The Home Depot

Thank you,
joebruin77

I did a lot of research on this last year. The model you posted is intended for smaller jobs like inflating mattresses. For tires they recommend this one, which I purchased and have been very happy with, and it does have an automatic shutoff:

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Dual Function Inflator/Deflator (Tool Only)-P747 - The Home Depot

I got this one but with the older dial gauge and not digital gauge. Works great for quick fill ups and I have it in my tire repair kit. However I don't believe it has the auto shutoff feature you are desiring. Would need the ryobi dual inflator to get that feature. That pump runs a little larger then this one.

I have the same one and it gets the job done. I have a rubber band strapped to the handle so I don't have to hold on to the button the entire time. I usually overfill a little bit according to the PSI gauge on the Ryobi and then I will use a dedicated tire pressure gauge to release to desired PSI. I don't really trust the accuracy on these inflators.

Reactions: joebruin77

Thank you,
joebruin77

I don't think this one has auto shut off. I have the analog version of this one, and it is a very capable inflator.

I did a lot of research on this last year. The model you posted is intended for smaller jobs like inflating mattresses. For tires they recommend this one, which I purchased and have been very happy with, and it does have an automatic shutoff:

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Dual Function Inflator/Deflator (Tool Only)-P747 - The Home Depot

the 737 is for tires the 738 is for mattresses and the 747 will do either.

The biggest gotcha is that the 747 is "battery not included" so you have to pick a battery for it and that will determine how long it can run.

Happy with mine as well but I, as many others, have a bunch of batteries for it. They usually have a sale with free tool if you buy battery pack. I take it with me on road trips (along with the flashlight and impact gun) but have a 12v compressor in the wheel well for daily driving.

I got this one for my bike and have been very happy but haven't used it on my car, yet, since I have one that runs off the 12v which has a longer nozzle so it can always sit on the ground rather than dangle depending on where the valve ends up.

They're both great and no complaints. In an enclosed space, earplugs help but can't beat set it and forget it!

the 737 is for tires the 738 is for mattresses and the 747 will do either.

The biggest gotcha is that the 747 is "battery not included" so you have to pick a battery for it and that will determine how long it can run.
I bought the P747 model last March when it was on sale at $35 at Home Depot. I already have a bunch of Ryobi batteries so it seemed a good deal to me even though I already have a Slime inflator. Used it once so far to top off a tire; no problems.

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up ordering this one from Home Depot. I compared this and the similar units from Dewalt and Milwaukee. By the time you add in the cost of the battery and the charger, this Ryobi is the lowest cost option. Thanks again!

• Informative
Reactions: iSpine

Maybe the older variant of the M12 inflator doesn't have auto shutoff, but the new ones like that has it. I can set it to a certain PSI pressure, and it will turn off when it reaches the PSI desired.

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up ordering this one from Home Depot. I compared this and the similar units from Dewalt and Milwaukee. By the time you add in the cost of the battery and the charger, this Ryobi is the lowest cost option. Thanks again!

Yup, that’s what I concluded too. I keep two spare batteries along with the inflator and a charger in my frunk just in case I need it. I’ve used it a few times and it worked great. Glad it worked out for you.

Used mine just tonight to put a few extra pounds on since it’s getting colder.

81B5EDBF-C60F-47CA-8813-4474C937DC89.jpeg