Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an agnostic (an atheist is naive)

Many people make this error so allow me to correct it. Agnostic and atheist are not mutually exclusive terms, agnostic means "without knowledge" and atheist means "without belief". If you don't believe you are by definition an atheist. You can be either an agnostic atheist, i.e. you don't believe in a god but don't know that one may not exist, or a gnostic atheist, i.e. you don't believe and know god doesn't exist.

You seem to be talking about academic value. Nothing wrong with that. However, I'm talking about containment such that we can slowly open up.

Well I happen to believe that academics in other words research are the only tools we have for unlocking any of the puzzles in this disease including predicting more accurately who's really at great risk (beyond the global but intrinsically vague and non-specific metric that older folks are more at risk) and who should simply avoid this thing as much as possible versus who has a chance to get through without an ICU visit and a time on a ventilator, with a potentially lethal outcome.

To say nothing of the basic science aspects involved in vaccinations and making sure you're creating a viable vaccine and not an inflammatory bomb. And while we're on the subject of opening up . . . . in the absence of 3 badly-needed things that we don't really have right now at least not in this country, either a definitive treatment, a widespread antibody test (allowing you to identify who's probably safe to be involved in opening up) or much more available PCR testing (to see who has the virus and is actively infective and who most certainly should not be involved in opening up), opening up is just a way to start another wave.

All those things require as you would say "academics".

Reactions: Lessmog and EinSV
I, love parades. Don't you ?

Now we have 200,000 people in a Facebook group who are coming out against this quarantine and are organizing a march in Lansing

ER doctor pounds ‘criminal’ Trump and GOP leaders for inciting fans to plan mass march against the COVID-19 quarantine

As long as it's the same Facebook group that organized the 2 million person march on Area 51:

71497441_10157469837907789_6139430534431899648_o.jpg

As long as it's the same Facebook group that organized the 2 million person march on Area 51:

71497441_10157469837907789_6139430534431899648_o.jpg

I think what we really need is idiot spray. This is used to spray idiots who are assembling en masse and that prevents idiocy from becoming a contagion. The market is unlimited. Unfortunately, and sadly in this case, effects of currently available brands of idiot spray on covid-19 transmission are unknown. However as a stopgap measure I suppose fully concentrated chlorine bleach sprayed from overhead might work. You ask of course the obvious question namely is there any research on conjoined effects of idiot spray and full strength chlorine bleach? Funny you should ask . . . Nope! We need more PhDs obviously to unravel these intriguing Mysteries

Last edited:
Well I happen to believe that academics in other words research are the only tools we have for unlocking any of the puzzles in this disease including predicting more accurately who's really at great risk (beyond the global but intrinsically vague and non-specific metric that older folks are more at risk) and who should simply avoid this thing as much as possible versus who has a chance to get through without an ICU visit and a time on a ventilator, with a potentially lethal outcome.

To say nothing of the basic science aspects involved in vaccinations and making sure you're creating a viable vaccine and not an inflammatory bomb. And while we're on the subject of opening up . . . . in the absence of 3 badly-needed things that we don't really have right now at least not in this country, either a definitive treatment, a widespread antibody test (allowing you to identify who's probably safe to be involved in opening up) or much more available PCR testing (to see who has the virus and is actively infective and who most certainly should not be involved in opening up), opening up is just a way to start another wave.

All those things require as you would say "academics".

It's just common sense that we start with testing for academic insights as soon as we can. What I am saying is that this is not enough, as long as we don't have a vaccine.

It's just common sense that we start with testing for academic insights as soon as we can. What I am saying is that this is not enough, as long as we don't have a vaccine.

Nope vaccine for sure would be a game changer obviously. But in the absence of that we need rapidly Deployable high-volume High throughput PCR testing, and also High throughput antibody testing. Then you could tell who was still quarantine material and who was "open up material". But with the current moronic Administration and unprecedented incompetence, it's up to the states to secure those resources. And unfortunately some but not all of their administrations are infected with the same idiocy and lack of respect for science. Perhaps this is just a darwinian exercise after all.

Nope vaccine for sure would be a game changer obviously. But in the absence of that we need rapidly Deployable high-volume High throughput PCR testing, and also High throughput antibody testing. Then you could tell who was still quarantine material and who was "open up material". But with the current moronic Administration and unprecedented incompetence, it's up to the states to secure those resources. And unfortunately some but not all of their administrations are infected with the same idiocy and lack of respect for science. Perhaps this is just a darwinian exercise after all.

I agree with these necessities, but just to be clear, I am advocating for much more testing than that. Not for less. I am saying it may be necessary to test everyone, and not just once. Until we have a vaccine.

EDIT: And we should create the capacity to test everyone also because the next virus might be even worse.

Agree or disagree with religion, if the Government can abolish it whenever it's convenient for them, then we have absolutely no more need for the Bill of Rights. Every flu season from here on forward can call for the banning for Freedom of Assembly and Freedom of Religion.
We have limits on freedom of speech when it endangers the public, yelling fire in a crowded theater for example, and we have limits on freedom of religion as well. You can't publicly sacrifice animals for example even if your religion promotes it. Not to mention human sacrifice, the Inca would not be free to practice elements of their religion in this country.

interesting article on HQC’s possible therapeutic mechanism.

Attention Required!

Yes interesting article. And interesting that the author recommends CHQ+ZPAK+ZINC as first treatment option. I can't wait until we have a proper study on this therapeutic approach.

"Inhibit viral growth and replication. Here plays CHQ+ZPAK+ZINC or other retroviral therapies being studies. Less virus, less hemoglobin losing its iron, less severity and damage."

Many people make this error so allow me to correct it. Agnostic and atheist are not mutually exclusive terms, agnostic means "without knowledge" and atheist means "without belief". If you don't believe you are by definition an atheist. You can be either an agnostic atheist, i.e. you don't believe in a god but don't know that one may not exist, or a gnostic atheist, i.e. you don't believe and know god doesn't exist.
To expand further ...All contemporary religions are atheistic with respect to each other.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog and JRP3
interesting article on HQC’s possible therapeutic mechanism.

Attention Required!

Already debunked nonsense. First of all there's no evidence that the virus gets inside red blood cells because there are no ace2 receptors AFAWK. Secondly you would see a significant gap between serum pO2 and saturation O2. Those have never been observed. It's another guy looking for clicks. And HCQ despite having a bunch of protective mechanisms observed in vitro including potential interference on multiple stages of viral entry, endocytosis, transcription, and translation does not appear to work in severe cases or if it does it doesn't have much effect. So anytime somebody starts out with the arguments that Trump was right about hqc, you should be very skeptical. It may have some therapeutic effect, if it's taken early enough in terms of softening the trajectory for some patients but we don't even know that. In any case this guy is talking out of the side of his head.

Last edited: