Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Correct PSI for my new tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every Tesla I’ve ever seen delivered with 19s says 45.
The OP doesn't mention rim size so I always default to my cars settings, which is why I say to check the door jamb.

P_20211204_135404.jpg

Reactions: UncleCreepy
Thanks for the responds but I’m not sure you guys are answering my question. What I’m saying is that because the new 19” tires have a higher load capacity the tire store said I should use a 36 psi instead of the 45 psi written on the door jamb (they calculated it).

So do the new tires increased load capacity change the default psi?

According to this website they are correct. Tire Pressure Calculator

Attachments

• 24E7210F-B2E9-4BC7-A996-5FAFFB99E786.jpeg
    24E7210F-B2E9-4BC7-A996-5FAFFB99E786.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Leave them at 36 if you want, but there’s no way to do that without a perpetual tire pressure warning.

So either pump them up to what Tesla wants them to be or deal with the dash warning for the next 50,000 miles.

Thanks for the responds but I’m not sure you guys are answering my question. What I’m saying is that because the new 19” tires have a higher load capacity the tire store said I should use a 36 psi instead of the 45 psi written on the door jamb (they calculated it).

So do the new tires increased load capacity change the default psi?

According to this website they are correct. Tire Pressure Calculator

Regardless of the psi you set it to, I would check the tread depth every 3k-5k miles to see if it's wearing evenly. That will tell you if your tires are inflated properly.