Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Correct touch up paint for standard M3 18” wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve found that Ford Dark Shadow Gray from DupliColor on Amazon is not an exact match for the standard Model 3 18” wheels. Either that, or Dupli Color is not consistent, or I didn’t shake it or something. Bought one tube, spilled most of it, but touched up my wheel and it was a pretty close match but still a bit dark. Bought another tube, touched up my wheels in a few spots just now, and it’s way too dark. Totally noticeable difference.

Has anyone found an actual perfect match touch up paint for the standard 18” wheels?

I’ve found that Ford Dark Shadow Gray from DupliColor on Amazon is not an exact match for the standard Model 3 18” wheels. Either that, or Dupli Color is not consistent, or I didn’t shake it or something. Bought one tube, spilled most of it, but touched up my wheel and it was a pretty close match but still a bit dark. Bought another tube, touched up my wheels in a few spots just now, and it’s way too dark. Totally noticeable difference.

Has anyone found an actual perfect match touch up paint for the standard 18” wheels?

Tsportine has the touch up paint.

I've used that to cover up my curb rash. It's not an exact match, but very close. Just make sure you shake before or else it comes out a lot darker.

Dupli-Color AFM0360 Dark Shadow... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HE66OK8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Haven’t tried it yet, but a lot of people have said this matches. There’s a big thread on this with a video on here somewhere.

Edit: here’s the thread
Curb Rash

Here's someone that used the spray:
You can find in the reviews others say it's almost an exact match:
https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-BFM0360-Shadow-Exact-Match-Automotive/dp/B00407TU5U/

As mentioned by others, you need to follow the instructions to the letter, especially shaking it sufficiently. Apparently this type of color can be extremely off if you don't do so.

Here's someone that used the spray:
You can find in the reviews others say it's almost an exact match:
Amazon.com: Dupli-Color BFM0360 Dark Shadow Gray Ford Exact-Match Automotive Paint - 8 oz. Aerosol: Automotive

As mentioned by others, you need to follow the instructions to the letter, especially shaking it sufficiently. Apparently this type of color can be extremely off if you don't do so.
He sure sprayed it on thick and from too close. I'd mask off the tire, rest of the wheel, fender and spray lighter, from further away and several light coats. But m most seem to use the touch up brush with good results.