Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to replace front bumper and one headlight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a pillar and damaged my front bumper and one headlight (the headlight works fine but the covering is broken). Any idea of cost estimate to replace this?

I have insurance from Progessive. Should I use insurance or pay out-of-pocket for fear of premium increase? Does just reporting this and not using insurance still drive up premiums?

IMG_8927.jpeg

I hit a pillar and damaged my front bumper and one headlight (the headlight works fine but the covering is broken). Any idea of cost estimate to replace this?

I have insurance from Progessive. Should I use insurance or pay out-of-pocket for fear of premium increase? Does just reporting this and not using insurance still drive up premiums?

View attachment 928509
Pre-painted front bumper from Tesla appears to be $950 and labor depends on your location.
Have You Purchased a Pre-Painted Bumper from Tesla?

The headlight you might be able to find used units on Ebay. For the bumper, you might be able to luck out also sometimes if you look on Ebay, the listings here or on craigslist. If you are handy, you can refer to the service manual and install it yourself (which is free subscription).

Whether you go to insurance probably depends on your deductible too.

I'd use it as an excuse to upgrade... The aftermarket bumpers are reasonable in price and look really good. The headlights are a bit overpriced though.