Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa Service Center Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there a while ago. Very friendly and great service. As for actually fixing the issues, no service center has been all that successful. Not really their fault. Some problem are just by design and there is only so much they can do.

I have been at the service center in Van Nuys, Torrance, Costa Mesa and Buena Park. They are all very professional and helpful and do great work. Never had a bad experience once and I have had a total of 12 (or so) visits.
While that is great, the issues that some of the cars have are still there and frankly all the service centers can do is 'patch it'. For example the rattling noises from my headliner and dash board. Various attempts to fix these never had any success. In one case they even made it worse. The lose fit of my driver's seat is 'to specs' according to Tesla. My drive unit had to be swapped out 7 times (in once instance they had to swap out two DU in one service visit). Not at all the fault of the service center. They are getting the parts from Tesla and do the swap.

So yes the service centers are pretty awesome. Never had such a great experience with any other car I owned. Some of the quality issues are just not easily fixable.

I have been at the service center in Van Nuys, Torrance, Costa Mesa and Buena Park. They are all very professional and helpful and do great work. Never had a bad experience once and I have had a total of 12 (or so) visits.
While that is great, the issues that some of the cars have are still there and frankly all the service centers can do is 'patch it'. For example the rattling noises from my headliner and dash board. Various attempts to fix these never had any success. In one case they even made it worse. The lose fit of my driver's seat is 'to specs' according to Tesla. My drive unit had to be swapped out 7 times (in once instance they had to swap out two DU in one service visit). Not at all the fault of the service center. They are getting the parts from Tesla and do the swap.

So yes the service centers are pretty awesome. Never had such a great experience with any other car I owned. Some of the quality issues are just not easily fixable.

Sadly this is not the first time I've read about quality issues on Teslas...fortunately this is not the first time I've heard good things about their service centers.

When there are a mix of experiences, I tend to have to bad luck but now that I'm. Preparing myself for these issues I'll feel great if I don't experience any.

I'm still on the fence of whether it's acceptable for Tesla to produce these vehicles with so many quality issues. I've purchased 3 brand new vehicles so far and none of them have ever had issues...not once. (Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Tacoma, Mazda CX-5). These were lower priced cars so I'm really hoping a car double the cost will not feel cheaper. I will just have to focus on the cars performance and the screen if I ever wonder why the cost was so high :)

Really glad to hear positive things about Costa Mesa though. My DS has been responsive and friendly. I apologized for bugging him with a "how about an update?" type email and he responded very kindly.
My concern was that they are so busy that I'll be another "fish in the ocean" even though this is a life changing experience for me that I've spent about 4 years working towards.
So far I've felt cared about which is great. I'm looking forward to a great delivery experience (even considered requesting the large bow and any other presentation gimmicks they offer).

Expected delivery: Early September

I have to say I was extremely disappointed when we picked up our Model S 90D in Costa Mesa 3 weeks ago. First, they had the wrong car ready and not even an S, but an X. Really? Second, the Delivery Manager was harried, unresponsive to emails prior to pickup, and somewhat rude during the checkout process. Fortunately, she passed us on to one of the sales people for the Tesla overview and he was very considerate and helpful.

As for the Service Center, I called today four times and was put on hold for a total of 35 minutes and never spoke to anyone. Fortunately I was able to fix the problem on my own (frozen computer screen) but if I have a serious problem I am concerned about their responsiveness especially with the delivery of all those new Model 3s on the horizon.