Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covercraft Windshield UV Cover (Picture Warning)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the fitment, its as close as you are gonna get, you will have to move the rear view mirror for the driver side but this is because the fit is so precise there is no wiggle room.
i would say these are pretty high quality, very study, they wont bend or fold at all.

covercraft 01.JPG

covercraft 02.JPG

covercraft 03.JPG

covercraft 04.JPG

covercraft 05.JPG

covercraft 06.JPG

covercraft 07.JPG

covercraft 08.JPG

covercraft 09.JPG

covercraft 10.JPG

covercraft 11.JPG

This picture is the normal orientation of the mirror, it wont fit, there is no way to make it fit without moving the mirror.
covercraft 12.JPG

Where do you keep it when folded?

I bought a Heatshield, and it fits well with only a little sag... But it rolls up and is basically huge. I keep it stowed in the well in the trunk (I don't have the 3rd row seats)... Easy enough to get it out when I need it (basically only on weekends since I garage park at home and at the office...) -- but it would be nice to have one that fit someplace within reach of the drivers seat...

I had a similar folding Covercraft for my A8 but got tired of it's bulk and weight after a year. Although UV protective, I found its heat deflection unsatisfactory perhaps because its surface was not reflective enough. (I got pearl white paint for the same reflectivity issue). I am using a Heatshield like ZBB and like its light weight, reflectivity, ease of maneuvering around the rear view mirror, and find I can roll it up fairly small. Since it is custom-made for the S, it follows the windshield outline closely and can stay up by resting on the mirror although I use the visors to be sure. I rarely take rear passengers so it resides on the back floor but goes in the trunk well when I do. To each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
I bought one and it is such a pain to use that I only use it if the car is going to be parked in the sun all day and never moved (this rarely happens). The two piece construction and moving the mirror every time is just annoying. Also it doesn't stay near the glass so it's not that great a heat barrier either. The construction quality is good.