Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coworker With A C6 Z06 Keeps Wanting To Race

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just race the guy. Have some fun. No matter who wins congratulations are in order and the matter will be settled.

You will probably get off the line quicker, and as he gains traction, he will begin pulling ahead.

Both of you will enjoy the experience. Have a beer together afterwards to celebrate and learn about each other and your cars.

NO! Don't let this guy beat you. It will forever taint his impression of EVs. The fate of the planet rests on your shoulders!!!! No pressure. Pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure.

I thought a 2007 was only as fast as my LR + boost looks like they only do 3.7 0-60 or 4.2sec on some sites 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Review. I bet the Tesla takes it vs an equally matched or even slightly outmatched car just because of the traction.

A stock one only does 3.7.

He mentioned the Z06 in question had a fair bit of modding done so is likely making significantly more power than stock.

Reactions: MCM3
A better way to "win" might actually be to decline the race, but get him to take a test drive.

4223C8EC-7D91-48E8-95C1-A9C88C32600A.jpeg
I've never had a fast ICE vehicle, but have read *many* posts of people ditching their performance ICE vehicles for a Tesla after getting a taste.
That’s exactly what I did. I test drove a Model 3P & immediately sold my Hellcat Challenger.