Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Delivery Question For Fellow Buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All-

I picked up my Tesla 2 weeks ago. It's a CPO with 27k miles. Great shape but noticed some pitting on the front windshield and a ding on teh hood. I brought it up and was told they would like into it. They made no promise but said they would check it out for me to see what could be done. The pitting is actually deep enough that white speckles appear from the pits because the blue paint has been compromised. I just heard from Tesla that the car was delivered to me in a condition that is within their guidlines. I am preparing a response but wondering what other shave experienced that have bought from the CPO program? Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks.

Unfortunately, you already took delivery. When I picked up my car, I inspected in carefully and was prepared to walk if they did not correct any issues I detected. And for a few items, I did tell them I was not taking the car. They relented and agreed to correct all the items I identified. I left with a "Due Bill" of all agreed to items. Since you did not, I would think it is going to be uphill battle to get them to correct the issues. It sounds like you need the hood resprayed.

• Informative
Reactions: kwjayhawk
Did you identify these issues at delivery, or was it later? What do you think you would have done if they had said the pitting was within their specs at that time? If they told you at delivery they would look into it, I think there's some good faith on their part to do the right thing. Perhaps they can offer you a discount to respray, or provide you with touch up paint. It's a fundamental problem with the CPO process for many of us -- the cars come from elsewhere so we don't see the actual car until day of delivery. And at that point the excitement of (finally) getting the car, plus their enthusiasm about the car, tends to wash over some of these smaller issues...

I started a thread like this when my car was delivered with pitted glass and sand damaged front bumper and hood. Luckily, I caught it in the showroom upon delivery and pointed out. The staff had obviously never seen this type of damage before and were befuddled. But, it is Tesla policy to fix pitted glass and a hood with more than 10 chips. There's an internal document that states wind/sand damaged windshield must be replaced and a hood with more than 10 chips must be replaced or re-painted. If you pointed this out prior to driving home, they will fix. If not, it could have happened on your drive home. Good luck!

Thanks Gforced...I did point it out in the showroom and they promised to look into it...after a few days they said the car is within the delivery condition guidelines...i asked for the guidelines...This section applies--

• Vehicle exterior standards:

No structural damage, cracks, holes, cuts

No impact damage

No scratches, chips or other paint damage over 3/8 of an inch (10mm)

Slight contact wear is acceptable

All panels, bumpers, grilles, badges, and diffusers are mounted and secure

• Exterior glass - no distortion, cracks or contact stars

• All brake pads are greater than 6 mm

• Tire tread depth of at least 6/32 inch, any tire below 6/32 inch will be replaced

• Fully functional charging equipment

• 2 fully functional keys

So the pitting is less then 3/8 of an inch but collectively it is much more than 3/8 of an inch and it's all over the hood...anyway I'm taking my case to a higher up at the service center this Friday...

Attachments

• Pre-Owned Vehicle Disclosure.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 69