Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S with "missing" options listed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my buddy just put down his $1k and locked up a nice CPO. The vehicle did not list that is had leather nor did it list that it had the textured seats, it listed nothing regarding the interior except Piano Black. The picture appears to show leather but the pattern isn't discernible enough to know that by looking at it. I checked the source code and found out it does have textile seats. Told my friend the news, not a happy camper. Other CPO clearly indicate Black Textile Seats in the description. If I didn't find this in the source code then he would show up in a few weeks and find an car with an interior he was not expecting. Suggestions on how he should handle this with Tesla? Anyone showed up and found something missing from their CPO and how did they respond to the issue?
Thanks

Put that in the bucket with the CPO's I've seen show up with no wheels or color listed... and the funny part is the vehicle graphic renderer just goes along with that and draws the car with no wheels or no paint (flat black)! LOL :rolleyes:

Also tell your buddy to reconsider Tesla's textile seats. The people that have them report they hold up better over time. The two-fabric look is awesome as well. Get over the idea that a high-end car just has to have leather.

Tesla use several codes for each interior colour even after you account for codes for original, next gen, performance etc, maybe it’s perforated or not perforated, 5/7 seat combos etc etc. Ive not worked out a hard rule why, put when they come to display the text, if theyve not got text for that code, you get nothing. Also happens with roof sometimes. To assume it’s leather when you know it’s a cost option and nothing specified is a little naive.

As for chargers, how olds the car? Upgraded chargers became standard in some models and Tesla tend to list options and not spec on an order (subtle difference) so may have not mentioned it as a result. Like not listing powered tail gate that became standard. They’re also probably in the car anyway and can be turned on if it came a real issue.