Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a CPO X90D. My experience was the savings made it worth it over the new 75. Also, the performance was significantly different when I bought (July) but that is not less of an issue no with the recent changes to new 75s. My vin is 6551 and its had a few minor issues which have been taken care of by Tesla. I like the fact that I essentially get the 50k new car warranty reset. My X had 20k miles on it so it will have full coverage up to 70k miles. Range was a factor for me so it was worth it to get an optioned out CPO 90 vs new 75.

I'm very happy with the car but did not like the process. There was very little communication and I went weeks without any update. I can understand having to wait for a car to be built but a CPO should be ready to go. I was not happy that I received no pictures or service history of the actual car. From the time I clicked the buy button on the website until I picked up my car was about 6 weeks. It was also used as a loaner for a period of time and had 400 miles more on it than when I clicked buy (Tesla thru in the Chademo adapter to compensate). It was a very strange feeling paying $90k for a used car that I had never seen or driven.

Hello! Quick question: So I try to keep track of CPO pricing for the Model S & X, as I am tempted by getting a "bigger" car later next year (rather than a new Model 3 LR with AWD). Looking at cars like this one : CPO'd P85D (85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H29FFP68166 | Tesla), I am estimating that it has "depreciated about 30-35% of it's original price. Has anyone looked at expected "depreciation" on the Model X? Could not find a thread. Thank you for the input.
PS (yes I am aware that depreciation does not include Tax Rebate, however, I am not counting on one for my M3).