Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack in Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aftrer a flawless delivery experience, today's first trip with rear seat passengers and clear, sunny skies, my daughter noticed a crack in my roof! Photos attached. It's not noticeable from the outside and can't feel it from the inside. Seems to be a fault interior to the glass...maybe a lamination issue. Will see how this process plays out!
IMG_3263.jpeg
IMG_3261.jpeg

I washed my Model Y today and discovered a crack in the glass roof as well. I submitted photos to the local Tesla Service Center (appointment scheduled on 12/24). Also, contacted my insurance (Tesla Insurance). No idea how or when crack occurred, and am not happy about the durability of the roof. Would rather have a metal roof, since, as a driver, I can’t enjoy a glass roof so much.

Attachments

• 89ED8737-016D-49E7-BC59-1D7A078A09B2.jpeg
    89ED8737-016D-49E7-BC59-1D7A078A09B2.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Mitchoacan
Update: Finally had my SC appointment yesterday. They did try and charge me the $1600+, but one message through the app took care of that! Now, I also had them check the side view mirror adjustment and got the "within spec" response, so that fight will continue...different thread.

Reactions: RayB
Update: Finally had my SC appointment yesterday. They did try and charge me the $1600+, but one message through the app took care of that! Now, I also had them check the side view mirror adjustment and got the "within spec" response, so that fight will continue...different thread.

Great news! I also just had my Service Appointment and Tesla covered the cost to replace the roof. I pointed out to them that the roof appeared to be misaligned, when initially built, which most likely caused extra stress to the glass, causing it to crack. New roof looks fantastic now!

skidmarc: HAHAHA! I did mine at 400 miles! Prying the mirror off takes some force, but the tabs are easily removed. I simply bent each one back and forth until they broke off.

If you are pulling your mirror off anyway... Replacing with a wide angle Suma made my car more enjoyable. No need to even turn my head to check now - no blind spots at all.