Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 roof glass crack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a chip that turned into a crack last summer. Safelite Auto said they only do windshields so I had to go to Tesla to replace it. Florida requires insurance to cover windshields, but not roofs. Tesla charged me under $1100 USD.

I had a crack on my Model Y glass roof about a month after taking delivery. No marks or chips on the outside, and the crack could only be seen from inside.

Reviewing sentry is that it was most likely cause when parked under a gum tree on a windy day. Around $2200 to replace it at Telsa.

Sucked at the time, however I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

I hate to me that person again, but I'd seriously choose a steel roof if available. A glass roof is a vanity item. a stone hitting a steel roof causes a chip and perhaps a dent. The world has gone insane. Perhaps its worth wrapping the roof!

As a side note, did you know classic sports cars are usually worth a lot more money without the sunroof option?

I hate to me that person again, but I'd seriously choose a steel roof if available. A glass roof is a vanity item. a stone hitting a steel roof causes a chip and perhaps a dent. The world has gone insane. Perhaps its worth wrapping the roof!

As a side note, did you know classic sports cars are usually worth a lot more money without the sunroof option?
I wish my NSU Ro80 had a sunroof to let the heat out on a sunny day. (No AC)