Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Main Screen = Bad Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's the only reason i haven't bought one yet. it should be stretched tight to fit...i'm not interested in having a floppy piece of silicone hanging there.
Based on my experience, they want to make you happy and if you aren't will refund or replace, and cover shipping.

For me I think its tight enough to stay in place and not leave waves unless I am wiping the screen down or something.
Will report what my experience is in a few months, after the material hardens.

Based on my experience, they want to make you happy and if you aren't will refund or replace, and cover shipping.

For me I think its tight enough to stay in place and not leave waves unless I am wiping the screen down or something.
Will report what my experience is in a few months, after the material hardens.

wouldn't it get looser after sitting in the hot car for an extended period, not tighter?

Agreed. I have the first gen of TesProtect and even that is totally fine for my use. It has some extra material and might get a little wavey if you mess with it, but i seriously haven't even thought about it or noticed it since i installed it.

The glass protectors are great, but i think the rubber edge guard is the ultimate form of protection from these sorts of impacts. Phones and rings can chip edges very easily.

Reactions: Jaywlker
I am impressed by Jays company follow through. The first 2 units were less than perfect, so he immediately sent replacements proactively, along with a SASE so I could return the defective ones to him.

My 3rd Tesprotect is perfect, the first one had some flashing issues, and the second had some molding issues. Many thanks Jay!

You are welcome, Vince! Your 100% satisfaction is required as a part of our culture.

No lead, cadmium, or other icky chemicals. Protecting your touchscreen while you help protect the environment! All of our products are designed, engineered, and made in the United States with an emphasis on function over fluff.

Presently we offer the TesProtect touchscreen edge protector, and future products include a convenience knob for a-c access panels and a protector for charging handles.

90-day no questions asked 100% money-back guarantee.

Reactions: kbecks13
that's the only reason i haven't bought one yet. it should be stretched tight to fit...i'm not interested in having a floppy piece of silicone hanging there.
The TesProtect has been tested in Scottsdale and Phoenix over this past summer with a record number of + 110 days. We guarantee the TesProtect to fit snugly while retaining excellent flexibility for easy removal for cleaning and reinstallstion. And we offer a 90 day 100% money back no questions asked return policy.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
We offer a 100% no questions asked refund within 90 days of purchase. The TesProtect edge protector is 100% silicone, and is patent-pending.

If you are not 100% satisfied, we’ll do everything possible to earn your complete satisfaction. Email me directly at [email protected] / [email protected] and we will promptly address any issue brought to our attention. Happy Tesla-ing!

Wife grabbed her phone today from the charging area, and provided a little chip, that wouldnt even be noticed by the average person who isnt semi neurotic about this stuff, like me. HA! That being said, Googled, searched, etc and found your product. Ordered immediately.

Ill be showing this off on all my social media (IG, YT, etc.) for sure!

Thanks Jay!

Wife grabbed her phone today from the charging area, and provided a little chip, that wouldnt even be noticed by the average person who isnt semi neurotic about this stuff, like me. HA! That being said, Googled, searched, etc and found your product. Ordered immediately.

Ill be showing this off on all my social media (IG, YT, etc.) for sure!

Thanks Jay!
I ordered when I touched my stainless steel coffee cup to the edge and made a tiny chip in the screen protector. I am quite happy with it after sitting in the sun for a year and a half it doesn't seem to sag, crack or harden. I am totally satisfied.

I ordered a tempered glass matte screen protector (cost like $40 on Amazon) for my Model 3 I installed right after taking delivery. I was like "I'll probably don't actually need this, but hey, it reduces glare at least". Not even 2 weeks later the wife bumped her phone on the bottom of the screen and took a chip out of the screen protector. I felt better about my purchase after that.

Got the edge protector today. Looks great and fits like a glove.

Tip... If any part around the perimeter looks a little uneven, just release some tension around the edge and massage around the perimeter. The rubber is really clingy (a good thing) so when you are putting it on the first time, there can be uneven pressure points. Looks great once you make sure certain sections aren't tugging unevenly.

Mike

Soo on my way home yesterday i was going to place my phone in the charging cradle and accidentally tapped the bottom edge of the car dash screen with the top of my phone. I didn't think much of it at the moment, but then 15 minutes later my touchscreen started to freak out and was totally unresponsive to my inputs.

Turns out my car screen is cracked and this has a major impact on it's usability. I essentially cannot use the screen anymore and that means i can't access the cars sub-menus, adjust lights/windshield wipers etc. Called Tesla and they said the earliest i could get an appointment was 3 weeks from now, which kinda sucks. Really hoping they don't make me pay for this as glass fractured MUCH to easily and i suspect it had high internal stress remaining from the manufacturing process.

Wanted to post this as a PSA to everyone else, be VERY careful with your screens and really think about getting one of those glass screen protectors!
Same thing happened. It’s rough placement for putting the phone and and out of the wireless charger. How’d this end up going? My screen works fine, it’s just cracked. 4 years late I know…

Same thing happened. It’s rough placement for putting the phone and and out of the wireless charger. How’d this end up going? My screen works fine, it’s just cracked. 4 years late I know…

I had to pay half the replacement cost ($750) but haven't broken it again since! haha thats good to hear that your screen still works, hopefully it stays that way - mine was going crazy and was unusable.