Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked rear glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some threads on this before. Got what appears to be a glass defect-related crack on my rear glass. No sign of impact, crack starts orthogonal to edge of glass. Car is ~2.5mo old.
Anyone have any update on what the service center is going to say in regards to replacement under warranty?
20190617_191723.jpg

I have see another thread where guy with X top glass had fracture and Tesla sent him packing ..so guess you just need to go to service center and find out..if anything having aftermarket tint they would have something to blame but in your case it’s not there ..also if you read here long enough you will hear a lot of variability in experiences at service center ..best just take in see what they say

Well, on the pic I can see the crack going all the way to the bottom. At this spot there is something very small which might be an impact (on the picture anyway). My windshield was cracked and at first I was convinced that there were no impact until I was shown otherwise. Apparently it could be a very tiny spot. And if it is on the edge of the surface, it is likely an impact.
I definetly hope I am wrong...