Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Rim...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 10 years ago I used a wheel repair service up near NSA/BWI in Md. Lots of very high end wheels there. Prices for some of those wheel sets would almost buy a Model 3. Ah, yes I do have a ref
Ye Olde Wheel Shop
6363 Washington Blvd.
Elkridge, MD 21075

(800) 526-8260, (410) 796-8400

Reactions: Freewilly
I talked to a friend and he said to call roadside assistance and they'll give me a temp wheel until I can get to my appointment.

You can check with the repair shop first to discuss repair option and whether they can color match the repair with the rest of the wheels, even buying a new wheel from Tesla may not necessarily match the color of the rest. I have repaired various high-end wheels before and they will tell you up front whether the damaged can be repaired.

Did you buy those direct from there site? If so, do you have any referral code or anything I can use? How hard to install?

Also what are you using for the plate?

Thanks!

Ebay is cheaper than rimringz website.

1. Jack the car up. 2. Let the air out of the tire. 3. Install the rim ringz ( video on their webslite ). 4. Put the air back in the tire. 5. Let the car down.

That's it.

Final result:

I ended up going to Tesla for the repair. The wheel was only $200. In and out in 30 minutes!

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I was really surprised at how cheap the stock rim was. I'm used to Audi and BMW rims costing at a minimum $500.

Sweet!

We often forget that Tesla is an American company! :) Made in California ! It would be outrageous if they charged the same price as German Imports.

I think Tesla should start writing ‘Made in California’ on the inside frunk

Final result:

I ended up going to Tesla for the repair. The wheel was only $200. In and out in 30 minutes!

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I was really surprised at how cheap the stock rim was. I'm used to Audi and BMW rims costing at a minimum $500.

So you mean replacement, not repair? I take it that the short amount of time spent was for a replacement. Like many others have suggested, it's not worth repairing the rim to like new condition when there have been significant structural damage.