Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crawley Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that.

The only LGW valet parking with charging I have found is Rose... but reviews have not been great.... and am not sure I would book with them.

Any recommendations on other parking providers with charging?
Unfortunately not. I’ve just heard people talking about these services being offered at airports. May be worth posting? As I think it’s hugely unlikely that there will be a crawley supercharger between now and May.

IMG_1963.jpeg

Things are happening at Gatwick (Crawley) again. Workmen are in action of the the Covid-19 shutdown. I was told by reception at Brooklands re-opening will hopefully happen in the last quarter of this year. I asked about a supercharger. The guys at the service centres aren't necessarily fully up to date on the real situation but he said that was still under discussion and not certain.

It seems to me, having just visited the supercharger at the Heathrow service centre and found it full, that there is a downside to having superchargers at service centres. If you visit for servicing, wouldn't you plug in, just because it's there, particularly if you have free for life supercharging? And if parking spaces are full, which is quite common, and the only space is a supercharger....... thus denying the charger to someone who really needs it. On reflection I think it would be better to site the supercharger remote from the service centre. In any case, there is a big hole in the Sussex area and while Crawley is probably a useful place to site one, somewhere further south next to the A23/A27 might be more useful. Brighton is shown as an intended site on the supercharger map.

wouldn't you plug in, just because it's there, particularly if you have free for life supercharging? And if parking spaces are full, which is quite common, and the only space is a supercharger
Thanks for posting!
Yes, and that’s one of the reasons I think they have now removed free supercharging from new S and X.
I would hope tesla drivers wouldn’t block the supercharger.
To be honest, there are better sites locally. The service centre is not particularly quick to get to from the M23, especially around rush hour. I hope it is not THE crawley site, but maybe better than nothing in the mean time. There are a couple of sites along the M23 that may be better suited. Hopefully we get one in and around crawley/Gatwick and one in or around brighton.

Quick update from this morning (21 Sept). Hoarding is all down which is pretty cool. There's a Tesla sign on the building (new) and a T logo on the glass by the door (also new, I think). I believe the big red Tesla sign on the road is the original one. Looks like showroom internal fittings are underway and there is activity in the garage area.

Interestingly, the guy driving the fork lift is in a Tesla shirt so it looks like it's not just contractors on site any more.

IMG_1024.jpeg
IMG_1025.jpeg
IMG_1026.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg
IMG_1030.jpeg

Reactions: m3p_uk
Quick update from this morning (21 Sept). Hoarding is all down which is pretty cool. There's a Tesla sign on the building (new) and a T logo on the glass by the door (also new, I think). I believe the big red Tesla sign on the road is the original one. Looks like showroom internal fittings are underway and there is activity in the garage area.

Interestingly, the guy driving the fork lift is in a Tesla shirt so it looks like it's not just contractors on site any more.

View attachment 590496 View attachment 590497 View attachment 590498 View attachment 590499 View attachment 590500 View attachment 590501 View attachment 590502

Did you happen to see any superchargers?

Did you happen to see any superchargers?

Nope - and none of those boxes being offloaded matched what I've seen on Supercharger build threads. I imagine the big install around the corner at Pease Pottage off the M23 means that we won't see any here. As I recall there were also issues with getting the necessary power to the site itself to support Superchargers.

Lots of activity on site yesterday morning - mostly internal fittings at this point. Scaffolding removed from site. Very busy in the garage. Looks like the car lifts are in place. Stands out front of the showroom with signs indicating charge points. Look like they will be normal TWC points (but a good number of them). Internal showroom fittings looking good too. It seems like there might be a dedicated part for something else (Tesla Energy?) off the side of the main showroom.

1U2A3130.jpg IMG_1073.jpeg