Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crawley Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the chance to pop by the location of the Crawley showroom and Service Centre that had the fire and closed. I had seen a post a couple of months ago mentioning that the plan was to re-open it this Summer.

So it looks like work is underway. They've torn down all of the burned out area closest to the car park (where the fire was) and left the metal frame up. They also sealed off the rest of thae garage with some sheet metal. The rest of the showroom and garages look to be un damaged by the fire. (maybe some roof damage on a bit of the remaining garage but not terrible)

There were workers inside. I couldn't tell exactly what they were doing but the door to the showroom was open and it looked like they had a big pile of tiles (ceiling maybe?).

So - definitely not opening tomorrow but looking positive.

IMG_4870.jpeg IMG_4870.jpeg IMG_4869.jpeg IMG_4868.jpeg IMG_4867.jpeg IMG_4866.jpeg IMG_4865.jpeg

Superchargers at the site would be most welcome.... any sign of those under construction? Would help no end for visitors to Gatwick airport which is round the corner... but alas cannot find any planning permissions in place or applied for....

although I did spot an application for 4 x 62.5kw InstaVolt at the Gatwick KFC....

AE39A789-8666-4F68-88DE-52C4C4E884B7.jpeg
Well the crane and scaffolding are new so at least that’s more progress. I couldn’t tell for sure what the guys were doing there in my pictures from the original post. Fingers crossed it keeps progressing
Crane doesnt look like its part of this work.
Burnt out side of building to be made safe, taken out and refitted and then work can begin inside.
White wall that is visible by the store section is undamaged
No Sign of superchargers and really not an ideal location for multiple unless it is like Manchester where they have 2/4 attached to SC.
There is an ideal location for a SC here - new housing development with commercial units and just off the M23.
http://heathywood.co.uk/downloads/masterplan.pdf

Maybe not there.... but Some chargers near Gatwick would be most welcome.

Assuming I have my Model 3 by then I’ll be parking at LGW for a week in May, with a two hour journey either side, full with people and baggage.

Would be nice to park with 80% charge.... Or have option for a quick top up to get home on the return.

current nearest is to stretch it out to Heathrow ( or rip-off Ionity at Cobham services / M25 if open by that time)... or find slower chargers elsewhere...

Fast charging is a big black hole in LGW neck of the woods!

Reactions: m3p_uk
If you’re in a real pickle then There is a 50kw polar @24p/kw at the tesco just down the road at three bridges. Another option is to book parking that has a charging option.
Thanks for that.

The only LGW valet parking with charging I have found is Rose... but reviews have not been great.... and am not sure I would book with them.

Any recommendations on other parking providers with charging?