Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy AP Behavior 40.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Experienced this last night during a 2 hour drive back home in the evening on the I-10 here in Arizona. Much more ping-ponging than in the past, semi-erratic lane changes, and odd slow-downs with nothing around. I got the dreaded questionable eye roll from my wife for using AP, which I haven’t had in about a year or so. Hopefully this will be corrected soon, but it seems as though the AP 2.0 with MCU1 software updates have slowed down to a trickle.

Noticed more issues today. In previous versions, AP never had a problem even in pouring rain, but in lite rain today it had a hissy-fit, would initiate the change, cross over partly into the other lane and abruptly cancel the lane change! Aug 2018 build.

Yes it’s the worst it’s been in a while. Lots of sudden slamming on of the brakes - even in slow moving traffic seems to wait till last minute when approaching slowing cars then does an emergency stop.

Also seems to constantly be weaving ever so slightly left and right within the lane rather than tracking straight between the lines. Starting to feel sea sick. Something is off with this version.

I have to report another issue, a very narrowly missed accident. There was a curve on the road and a car was turning left on that curve in its left turning lane. AP would have slammed into that vehicle if I hadn't taken over. I have been on this road many times and never encountered this, ever with AP.