Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy low residuals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same position and it does take the sting out of the depreciation compared to private buyers but its still a loss on balance.

Yeah, I'm a private buyer as well... in December 2022 we bought a Skoda Enyaq VRS Coupe Maxx Package. Cost £60k and still waiting for it to arrive.

That'll be a kick in the b......cks as well most likely.

Oh well... 😀

• Funny
Reactions: Utumno
Value by Motorway £42100 today. I am thinking of cutting my losses soon and selling the car unless someone thinks there could be a recovery or a price rise by Tesla?. I do know the facelift Model Y will be released October 2024 so i will need to sell by summer 2024 latest.

I don't see the used market getting any better for the next 2 years, now anyone selling a 1-2 year old model has to compete with Tesla reducing the pricing on new models. As you can get a new model for £47k (even if temporary) then getting £42k for a year old one is a decent deal IMO, I can't see how the price would go up much higher now that Tesla has been selling the car at £47k as people would just go for the new one, having spoken to many dealers they were reluctant before the recent price discounts so £42k is a bargain! Be interested to know the WBAC price also!

I wouldn’t touch Tesla ever again. They are nuts. Wonder what business there is long term, burning their current customers. Certainly cult of Tesla doesn’t seem like a thing any more. Never owned a car no main dealer for any manufacturer will part ex. They point blank refuse to take them. Baffled people are still buying as a private purchase.

The depreciation cost means there's zero chance of me buying Tesla again. Makes me wonder how many new customers they're going to be able to attract. Probably the same idiots who believe FSD is a thing.
Almost everyone who buys Teslas, and indeed any cars, is on the never never. If the deposit + monthly figure is manageable, they’ll still go for it.

I wouldn’t touch Tesla ever again. They are nuts. Wonder what business there is long term, burning their current customers. Certainly cult of Tesla doesn’t seem like a thing any more. Never owned a car no main dealer for any manufacturer will part ex. They point blank refuse to take them. Baffled people are still buying as a private purchase.
well, I bought it with loan, meaning that after paying it off, whatever value it is - it will be mine. and I am sure it will not be 0.

but overall, situation with values is hilarious.

No idea who told you that. I was recently shopping around and Audi, BMW and Merc dealers all gave me a trade in offer on my MY. No hesitation at all.
Maybe 10 main dealers said the same

82550324-DD6E-431D-924E-A6899C25168D.jpeg

Reactions: PITA

View attachment 950895
Yes I can believe it before their latest price reductions the dealers were reluctant at giving decent prices due to worrying about pricing fluctuations, I expect they can either give you a low ball figure or flat out refuse if they aren't interested, from tracking Autotrader another reason might be the amount of used Model Ys for sale increasing by about 50% in the past 6 weeks so they don't want to get stuck with the stock

It's strange because main dealers (like Tesla) do not even sell the part-ex cars unless it's highly desirable or the same brand and nearly new. The cars go straight to auction, and they have an online portal that provides the market rate. BMW were completely transparent and showed me the price. It was slightly better than webuyanycar surprisingly. In the end, we bought another Tesla, from Tesla, who (unsurprisingly) gave us the best part-ex rate. This was all 4 weeks ago.

I didn't get to 10 dealers, but 4 dealers (inc Tesla) all gave me a PEX price on the spot. It must be to do with the location you're in. No desire for EVs or market flooded.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I still think that when the the tabloids move on from the negative press, energy prices settle. and the market stabilises the fact that they are some of the best EV's around means there will be a good market long term once the general public warms to them. so in 3+years when I come to sell mine I am expecting to get a "normal" level of depreciation for it. My last Tesla had 8% depreciation over 3 years which is as crazy the other way as the falls in prices are now. I won on that one. those who bought later and now need to sell are suffering the flip side which is obviously very upsetting for them but long term I see no reason why it will not settle down.

Edit: on the other had its a great time to buy a used EV!

Reactions: Lee Davis