Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Climate 2 Tire Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the market for a new set of All Season/Weather Tires. I live in NYC and snow is not that much of a factor. But I have been looking into CC2, and what I like to know from fellow users is what the estimate lost in range will be. Is there another tire that can be recommended?? I am also looking at the YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR X-CV and PS4 AS.

Last edited:
I installed CroosClimate 2s last November.
Real range impact is negligible, after the tire has gone a few hundred miles. My lifetime consumption had been 216 wh/mile, it's now 226 wh/mile but I've made several long highway drives during that time.

Keep in mind regardless of the tire you choose, you will see a big change in consumption even if you replaced a set with an identical new set new tires ALWAYS have more rolling resistance than used.

Summary-it didn't improve my range, but doesn't seem to have really hurt it, and traction has been excellent in all weather.

Reactions: MikeHawk
I am in the market for a new set of All Season/Weather Tires. I live in NYC and snow is not that much of a factor. But I have been looking into CC2, and what I like to know from fellow users is what the estimate lost in range will be. Is there another tire that can be recommended?? I am also looking at the YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR X-CV and PS4 AS.
I'm pretty happy with them and with reasonable PSI my range was really close to OEMs.

Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivFront265/45ZR20 108Y XLUTQG: 640 B A24-May-2022$289
Michelin CrossClimate2 Grand Touring All-SeasonTireRack equivRear275/45ZR20 110Y XLUTQG: 640 B A24-May-2022$308

Reactions: MikeHawk