Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control broken by 2019.16.2 software bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car suddenly refused to use cruise control, or any other autopilot features today. When I called support they said that this is currently their number 1 reason for calls, 5:1 over all other calls.
The support person said that a bug in the most recent software is the reason, and that there is no fix at the moment.
Have you had this same problem and explanation?

If the standard site search (the magnifying glass icon) doesn't seem to find what you are looking for, try this Google search (without the angle brackets):

site:teslamotorsclub.com <words to search for>

Posts that are most recent will not be included in the results as the Google search agent (aka, spider) will not have indexed those yet.

Try removing any USB flash drive you have and turn off Sentry mode. Let the car go to sleep over night and it should work again the next morning.

I think it may have to do with new "always on" Sentry mode, and for people that turned on that feature.

If you have a USB flash drive for Dashcam & Sentry, try reformatting it too. Some reports that corrupted USB flash drives were causing this.

• Helpful
Reactions: sduck and Ludatik
Thanks, I found the other threads.
Per suggestions there, I left my phone in the house, and unlocked the car with the card. Pulled out the dash cam flash drive and turned off sentry mode. Turned the car off. Sat still for 3+ minutes until all noises cease, and I heard the dash vents cycle.
Turned the car back on, and everything was normal again....
I didn't have to wait overnight.
I'm going to skip sentry mode for now, until I hear that these bugs are squashed.

Thanks, I found the other threads.
Per suggestions there, I left my phone in the house, and unlocked the car with the card. Pulled out the dash cam flash drive and turned off sentry mode. Turned the car off. Sat still for 3+ minutes until all noises cease, and I heard the dash vents cycle.
Turned the car back on, and everything was normal again....
I didn't have to wait overnight.
I'm going to skip sentry mode for now, until I hear that these bugs are squashed.
It was a one time thing for me. No need to skip sentry mode imho.