Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control Unavailable -- Full USB might have caused it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Yesterday I was driving down the road in Autopilot and suddenly the alarm sounds and the Autopilot shuts down, tried restarting and got "Cruise Control Unavailable" message. I pulled over. Parked. Restarted. But the problem did not go away. Finally solved it by removing the USB card and turning Sentry mode off and letting it sleep overnight (got the idea from reading old articles in here)

I looked through the USB card today to see if I could find corrupted files because the older threads said that they had found some bad files. What I found instead was that my USB card was 100% full.

Could this have been the cause? What does the car do when the card is full? I would have thought it would delete the old stuff? Could I have permission problems?

I also experienced the autopilot/cruise control unavailable for about a 3 day period. I did several shut downs and restarts but the error still persisted. I read on this fourm that a corrupted video file might be the culprit. I removed my Samsung SSD and deleted all stored video files. The error cleared and autopilot is back to normal. Had to drive about 200 miles without autopilot or cruise control. Very glad it is back for the ride home.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_192700.jpg
    IMG_20200308_192700.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 147
I can +1 the USB getting corrupted by the Tesla operating system appears to cause TACC, AP, and rear camera to not work. I unplugged my DashCam USB drive, had Windows "fix the errors" and the car works fine again.