Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Cruise Control Unavailable"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be sure I understand, you are saying this occurred when you first got in the car and started to drive? OR, it occurred awhile after you started driving?
It was on Drive #3 - first was from delivery to home, second (where AP/FSD worked perfectly) to grandkids, third back home (this is where the cruise control circle disappeared and "Cruise Control Unavailable" message appeared).

Upon Drive 4, all was normal again.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It was on Drive #3 - first was from delivery to home, second (where AP/FSD worked perfectly) to grandkids, third back home (this is where the cruise control circle disappeared and "Cruise Control Unavailable" message appeared).

Upon Drive 4, all was normal again.
Ok, the reason I asked the question is that you may know if warnings to keep hands on the wheel are ignored after a period of time, then the car will dis-engauge from AP and not let you do it again until the car is parked. I'm not suggesting that is your issue, but the only thing that comes to mind.

Ok, the reason I asked the question is that you may know if warnings to keep hands on the wheel are ignored after a period of time, then the car will dis-engauge from AP and not let you do it again until the car is parked. I'm not suggesting that is your issue, but the only thing that comes to mind.
As a veteran of v1 AP back in 2017, I've been put in the penalty box a couple of times. This definitely wasn't that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hello,

FYI, less than a week after taking delivery of my CPO 2016 MS 75D, both my TACC and AP indicators disappeared from the screen. When I tried to use either, I got a message saying that my camera needed to be realigned. The next day, all was well. Then a week later, the problem was back, and then it was fine again a couple of days later. So, I took it to the SC. They assessed that the camera was slightly out of tilt, just on the margin of normal (hence the on again, off again problem). Apparently, they have some adjustment inserts they use to change the pitch, point the car at a target, assess, and adjust further if necessary. Took all day, but it's been working fine for about two weeks now.

Dunno if that's the issue for you, but it had nothing to do with software or tow hitches in my case.

Todd

When I picked up my new Y today, I also got the message that cruise was not available and as rxlawdude mentioned, the reason (although I needed glasses to read the fine print) was that the cameras needed to be calibrated. Roughly 10 miles later, cruise became available. I do wish they would allow a bigger font for my old tired eyes.

When I picked up my new Y today, I also got the message that cruise was not available and as rxlawdude mentioned, the reason (although I needed glasses to read the fine print) was that the cameras needed to be calibrated. Roughly 10 miles later, cruise became available. I do wish they would allow a bigger font for my old tired eyes.
Just curious though, what build/version of SW does your car have? I picked up mine on the 25th and it still has 2020.11.103.5

Picked up from Fremont on the 25th; have the same Frankin version. 300 miles on it so far. Stoped by a delivery center just to try their WiFi. Some say it may download there and wait until you’re home to install ‍♂️. Anyone one even know what it’s missing, if anything?

Picked up from Fremont on the 25th; have the same Frankin version. 300 miles on it so far. Stoped by a delivery center just to try their WiFi. Some say it may download there and wait until you’re home to install ‍♂️. Anyone one even know what it’s missing, if anything?
Version 2020.11.103.5 is missing a ton of new features - here are some to name a few:
  • Sentry mode - ability to view in car and ability to format
  • Backup camera - side view
  • Entertainment enhancements
  • Latest FSD enhancements

Version 2020.11.103.5 is missing a ton of new features - here are some to name a few:
  • Sentry mode - ability to view in car and ability to format
  • Backup camera - side view
  • Entertainment enhancements
  • Latest FSD enhancements
Got the car on 6/27 and it has 2020.20.12

TeslaFi reports 24.6.1 being the most common version on the MY, but I notice that deployment has slowed to a trickle for MYs (still going strong for other models).

But I'm jonesing for the new features we enjoy already in our M3.

Reactions: kato_2k5
Well, I took it out today for a short jaunt and sure enough, same issue. Also, my USB music icon disappeared.

Reboot fixed the USB music, but no effect on the cruise. Took it to a local Supercharger just to make sure that mode of charging works. After a 5 minute session at the Supercharger, restarted to head home. And, guess what. The speed circle appeared and cruise worked.

This is definitely software-related. I can't get 20.24 soon enough.

Well, isn't this a treat? In preparation for my HomeLink, they texted with details. In my response, I asked them "pretty pretty please can I get the current version of the software," and they did respond with:

"We have checked remotely and it shows that your vehicle already have (sic) the latest available update for it. It was downloaded and installed on 6/22/20."

So, it seems those of us on that version have to wait for the Tesla algorithm to deem us worthy. :mad:

Well, I took it out today for a short jaunt and sure enough, same issue. Also, my USB music icon disappeared.

Reboot fixed the USB music, but no effect on the cruise. Took it to a local Supercharger just to make sure that mode of charging works. After a 5 minute session at the Supercharger, restarted to head home. And, guess what. The speed circle appeared and cruise worked.

This is definitely software-related. I can't get 20.24 soon enough.
Well... here's one for you - I stopped at my local SC to purchase a 14-50 NEMA adapter (which they did have) and inquired about my SW build. Of course, the advisor was quick to say, I can even tell you what build you're on when you give me your VIN. So I did....and he told me I had the latest build 2020.12 - and of course I responded and stated that whatever you see is incorrect as my MY is on version 2020.11.103.5 and showed them the APP. They stated...."well, you need to be on WiFi to receive the updates", and I kindly reminded the advisor that I also own an M3 and am fully aware of what's needed and the process, but to no avail, they couldn't explain as to why it showed differently based on their system. They did state it was a factory build and since they were able to lookup my vehicle via the VIN, that my updates are "in the wind" o_O:( They were excited that I purchased the adapter though...:confused:

Last edited:
Two specific features that we seem to be missing with this old 2020.11.103.5 software are "follow through green light" with FSD and "highlight sentry cam event"?

The green light follow feature I understand allows the vehicle to proceed through green lights without driver confirmation if there's a leading vehicle also going through the green light. That would be nice as it gets old having to click confirm every block driving through the city.

And the Sentry Cam would be much more useful if it would highlight for me what actually happened that caused the sentry recording instead of just telling me that there were four sentry events while I was away and then leaving me to somehow click through 40 minutes of video without a good scan/preview function.

I'm looking forward to the update, and I'm confused why Tesla is insisting that this is the newest version of the software for our vehicles. Have we pinned down what it is our cars have in common that's not letting us update to the newer software? We were talking about the tow hitch maybe on the first page of the thread? (I've got the factory tow hitch.) Thanks!

Reactions: kato_2k5
Two specific features that we seem to be missing with this old 2020.11.103.5 software are "follow through green light" with FSD and "highlight sentry cam event"?

The green light follow feature I understand allows the vehicle to proceed through green lights without driver confirmation if there's a leading vehicle also going through the green light. That would be nice as it gets old having to click confirm every block driving through the city.

And the Sentry Cam would be much more useful if it would highlight for me what actually happened that caused the sentry recording instead of just telling me that there were four sentry events while I was away and then leaving me to somehow click through 40 minutes of video without a good scan/preview function.

I'm looking forward to the update, and I'm confused why Tesla is insisting that this is the newest version of the software for our vehicles. Have we pinned down what it is our cars have in common that's not letting us update to the newer software? We were talking about the tow hitch maybe on the first page of the thread? (I've got the factory tow hitch.) Thanks!
Another thing: look at the arcade games. Do you see some of them say "Needs Update" or something similar? There are two of the newer games like that on mine.

No idea why we are stuck at this version. Our M3 is up to date with 24.6.4. Features are very cool.

Yes my M3 just updated today to the latest and I was so excited that I thought it was for our new Y.....guess we'll have to just keep waiting?! I also have the factory tow hitch and I've rebooted several times thinking that might reset the port for communication but nothing is happening. Not sure there's much else we can do except wait....:(