Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable - FSD and visualizations gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried multiple things initially as well, including removing my ssd drive, reformatting it, putting car into sleep mode, powering off/on, etc. None of it worked.

My suggestion is to continue to take it in to SC to have them “fix” it (assuming one is nearby). Initially they kept telling me it was a known software bug. Which was fine with me, but I wanted to have them continue to document it on my vehicle in case when I’m out of warranty and they eventually say it’s a hardware issue. But eventually they replaced some hardware (see above). Will see if that ultimately fixes the issue permanently.

I reinstalled to no avail. it has not worked on well-marked roads, l(mired access highways, ANYWHERE. Then, randomly it worked for ONE drive last night from the movie theater home. Again, dead this AM. Service mode is all green, just “view” external cams are black Still.
So, they swapped out the "car computer", which fixed the camera and cruise control/autodrive, but FSD disappeared. The person at the service Center told me that I should wait a few days and it would come back. Obviously it didn't, so I made a new appointment. In the meantime, the holiday update came in and fixed everything just as everyone here suspected it would. I am now on 2023.44.30.5.1 and everything works.

Any follow up on this? I posted on this forum after the last update I started experiencing same problems. First error message is that the steering effort is reduced. Then hold feature is inactivated, cruise control is inactivated, visualizations disappear, and the amplifier to the woofer turns on and off about every 3 seconds which is maddening. I tried multiple soft resets, multiple power cycles, multiple 12 volt / High volt battery disconnects, removed my flash drive, and reinstalled software. All to no avail. It is intermittent. When I first start my drive usually everything is good and then 5 to 10 minutes later all this starts to occur. I initially had a service call and they were requiring me to bring my car to the service center which is a 4-Hour round trip. I cancel the appointment when the problem temporarily resolved. I have a new appointment set up and hopefully they will be able to look at it with their mobile technician. Very frustrating and worrisome that this may be a chronic problem.

Any follow up on this? I posted on this forum after the last update I started experiencing same problems. First error message is that the steering effort is reduced. Then hold feature is inactivated, cruise control is inactivated, visualizations disappear, and the amplifier to the woofer turns on and off about every 3 seconds which is maddening. I tried multiple soft resets, multiple power cycles, multiple 12 volt / High volt battery disconnects, removed my flash drive, and reinstalled software. All to no avail. It is intermittent. When I first start my drive usually everything is good and then 5 to 10 minutes later all this starts to occur. I initially had a service call and they were requiring me to bring my car to the service center which is a 4-Hour round trip. I cancel the appointment when the problem temporarily resolved. I have a new appointment set up and hopefully they will be able to look at it with their mobile technician. Very frustrating and worrisome that this may be a chronic problem.
I haven't had any issues with FSD since they replaced the "Restraint Control Module - Universal (1512876-00-E)" under warranty. Fingers crossed 🤞

For my issue, it was strictly the FSD visualization related and thus auto pilot was no longer available. And when it happens, it's permanently no longer available until the SC does some reset on their end. Your multiple symptoms with hold feature and sound issues seems like it's a different issue.