Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been happening very sporadically. Driving to work or from work I will attempt to use cruise control and auto pilot. I notice that the steering wheel next to the speedometer is missing and the speed limit of the road is missing on the display. I push down on the right stalk and I get an error saying cruise control unavailable.

I get home and the next day I drive to work and it’s fine. Sometimes it happens during the day. Sometimes at night. It has maybe happened a dozen times now over the past 2 months. The car is at service right now and they are trying to blame my front lip that I installed a year ago. I never had an issue up until about 2 months ago. The front lip doesn’t cover and sensors. Has anyone run into this issue? Remedy?

This is driving me crazy honestly... I didn't have any problems until the last update. Now it seems like every day I have this problem... I disabled sentry, to let it sleep, and it worked today... But I just drove 2 miles to pickup my daughter... Worked on the trip there... After I picked her up, cruise unavailable again...

This is driving me crazy honestly... I didn't have any problems until the last update. Now it seems like every day I have this problem... I disabled sentry, to let it sleep, and it worked today... But I just drove 2 miles to pickup my daughter... Worked on the trip there... After I picked her up, cruise unavailable again...
I turned out the DAS ECU (computer) is glitchy. I noticed today that it did not show the surrounding cars at all. I drove a loaner for two days it it show all the cars around me when driving. I am very disappointed.

I turned out the DAS ECU (computer) is glitchy. I noticed today that it did not show the surrounding cars at all. I drove a loaner for two days it it show all the cars around me when driving. I am very disappointed.
On mine when this happens, it still shows the cars around me, as well as pedestrians and motorcycles/bicycles, but nothing else... No line markers... No yellow/red lines.. No garbage cans..

This happened to me for the first time the day after I installed 2022.4.5 firmware (2020 MYLR). I thought it was software related, but the past 10 days have seemingly proved otherwise.

Set up a service appointment with Tesla and they first tried virtual diagnostic, confirmed my issues, and sent me a new firmware install. I installed it, but the issue was not fixed. I started getting “Driving visualization temporarily degraded“ errors. I brought it in to the service center, where they did a firmware install and claimed it was operating normally. When I picked it up, nothing had changed.

Second service visit, they installed a new computer and claimed it was operating normally. When I picked it up, nothing had changed (and the new computer was operating on old v10 software).

I’m not awaiting a third service visit (maddening!) and have been trying all the DIY tricks: soft reboots, hard reboots, unplug all USB and let the car sleep, power off and let it sleep, etc. Tonight I tried camera recalibration and the steering wheel status icon doesn’t even appear when I do that. Drove it for 100 miles on the highway — nothing.

Symptoms:
- Cruise control unavailable
- All Autopilot features unavailable
- All driving visualization unavailable, just my car in a void on the screen (no lane markings, speed limit, street signs, cars, or other objects)
- Auto headlights do not perform correctly (they stay on all the time, even in daylight)
- Auto high beams do not perform correctly (you can toggle the setting on, but they never automatically turn on or off)

This happened to me for the first time the day after I installed 2022.4.5 firmware (2020 MYLR). I thought it was software related, but the past 10 days have seemingly proved otherwise.

Set up a service appointment with Tesla and they first tried virtual diagnostic, confirmed my issues, and sent me a new firmware install. I installed it, but the issue was not fixed. I started getting “Driving visualization temporarily degraded“ errors. I brought it in to the service center, where they did a firmware install and claimed it was operating normally. When I picked it up, nothing had changed.

Second service visit, they installed a new computer and claimed it was operating normally. When I picked it up, nothing had changed (and the new computer was operating on old v10 software).

I’m not awaiting a third service visit (maddening!) and have been trying all the DIY tricks: soft reboots, hard reboots, unplug all USB and let the car sleep, power off and let it sleep, etc. Tonight I tried camera recalibration and the steering wheel status icon doesn’t even appear when I do that. Drove it for 100 miles on the highway — nothing.

Symptoms:
- Cruise control unavailable
- All Autopilot features unavailable
- All driving visualization unavailable, just my car in a void on the screen (no lane markings, speed limit, street signs, cars, or other objects)
- Auto headlights do not perform correctly (they stay on all the time, even in daylight)
- Auto high beams do not perform correctly (you can toggle the setting on, but they never automatically turn on or off)
Fourth paragraph should say “I’m now awaiting third service visit”

What firmware version are you guys on? Crossing my fingers, but I haven't had any cruise unavailable shenanigans since updating to 2021.44.30.21. Before this version, I literally had the cruise unavailable issue happen multiple times a day.