Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT Owners - This is about as easy as it gets to contact your state senator ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@evme - A few years ago just under 140k people asked the White House to intervene to allow direct sales in all 50 states (not just CT, like yours). Tesla Responds To White House's Response To Direct Sales Petition.

People are contacting their local senators because those are the people who can immediately impact the outcome in CT.

There is not much the white house can do really. It falls outside their power, in best case scenario into a grey area that they would be hesitant to enforce. The only one who can do anything at federal level is either US congress or the supreme court.

I also understand that contacting locally is the most important thing and has the largest influence. I don't disagree. But national media attention is the 2nd best thing and has worked in the past to help the efforts. As I said, CT is seeing 4 pages in Google News, in comparison other instances garnered 20 to 50 pages.

At this point it seems to be the biggest factor is getting it to actually be voted on. Which national pressure can do. On top of that so far GM has been one of the biggest roadblocks to Tesla and actively lobbying to block Tesla in multiple states. Some GM shaming at a national level might also weaken their efforts going forward.

I don't understand why Tesla waited to announce this new distribution center in CT until right before the bill was expected to be voted on. Wouldn't you want to divulge this information that would more than double the jobs generated in CT WELL IN ADVANCE of the vote, to bolster support for the bill's passage?? If this distribution center language was in the proposal submitted months ago, perhaps Duff wouldn't have pulled the bill. It's not like this is a minor announcement of a handful of extra jobs being created, it would more than double the planned Tesla workforce in the state!

This screams of a last-minute, hail mary desperation attempt. It's like Tesla determined they had enough support for the proposal that was submitted, and didn't need to commit to additional investments in the state for the bill's passage, and are now scrambling to salvage the bill with this distribution center announcement.

I don't understand why Tesla waited to announce this new distribution center in CT until right before the bill was expected to be voted on. Wouldn't you want to divulge this information that would more than double the jobs generated in CT WELL IN ADVANCE of the vote, to bolster support for the bill's passage?? If this distribution center language was in the proposal submitted months ago, perhaps Duff wouldn't have pulled the bill. It's not like this is a minor announcement of a handful of extra jobs being created, it would more than double the planned Tesla workforce in the state!

This screams of a last-minute, hail mary desperation attempt. It's like Tesla determined they had enough support for the proposal that was submitted, and didn't need to commit to additional investments in the state for the bill's passage, and are now scrambling to salvage the bill with this distribution center announcement.

My assumption is that it wasn't in the works that long ago. I think there's no argument that they've been blindsided (in a good way) March 31st/ April 1st by the sheer number of Model 3 reservations. They've been working through how they're going to ramp up both production and delivery of a much larger volume of cars than anticipated. Deciding in the last month to have a distribution center on the east coast is a reasonable outcome. Deciding in the last few weeks to put in CT would probably be a result of the political shenanigans going on.

Again, my assumption.

My friend in Connecticut just got this email from Tesla.
How are they able to do this?

By Invitation Only: Experience Model S at Delamar Greenwich

Tesla's award winning Model S, now with Autopilot features, is an evolution in automobile engineering.

Our advanced electric drivetrain will propel you from 0 to 60 mph in as little as 2.8 seconds, without hesitation and without a drop of gasoline. With the highest safety rating in America and up to 270 miles range, Model S redefines performance driving.

Model S

Model X

Supercharger

Powerwall

By Invitation Only: Experience Model S at Delamar Greenwich

WHEN

Saturday, May 21 -
Sunday, May 22
10am - 6pm

WHERE

Delamar Greenwich Harbor

They are permitted to show the car but cannot sell them. They will have a phone available so that you can call someone in NY to discuss options, pricing and financing. I went to this event in Greenwich. It involves a short informational presentation and then a test drive of the vehicle. No sales or pricing discussed.

Stupid law which I hope gets changed soon.