Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I imagine that early Tesla adopters were stoked when superchargers started popping up around the Bay Area. next layer will be when there are more V3 chargers, and people with an old S like me can park in the slow lot.

speaking of early adopters, does purchasing a CT make you an early adopter?

Reactions: PABresler
Sure it does. One has to deal with things that maybe a truck 30000 or 40000 later wouldn't have to. Some new things might get added to the truck as well. One misses out on those. Hey you get the wow factor, but sometimes it can equal a few extra trips to service. Some service issues that get forgotten. Like ordering right parts, or putting them in wrong. Some techs are newbies on it.

So is it early adopter no superchargers across country? No.
People telling you you are stupid, or car will brick? No
Yet it will come with some challenges, or maybe none.

Enjoy either way.

Sounds like they went 200 miles on the stretch after Ozona, TX. Their consumption seems reasonable to me, if you expect the CT to be about the same as a MYP.
it's obviously much less aerodynamic than any other Tesla or EV today (other than probably Lightning), and that will make high speed travel that much less efficient.

It also has inefficient knobby tires instead of road tires (odd choice for an EV stock) and that will make a noticeable difference as well.

it's obviously much less aerodynamic than any other Tesla or EV today (other than probably Lightning), and that will make high speed travel that much less efficient.

It also has inefficient knobby tires instead of road tires (odd choice for an EV stock) and that will make a noticeable difference as well.
The CT is actually quite good aerodynamically, claimed at 0.34 drag coefficient.

I'm curious who will be the first company to build a Heavy Duty light Truck with the range of a Diesel or even Gas Truck that can be used to tow heavy loads more than 120 miles. Something like the Ram and Ford 3/4 and 1 ton Trucks. Be able to put a 8 to10 foot plow on it and a Salt Spreader in the Bed. Or even convert it to a Flatbed since new ICE vehicles will be banned by 2035.
1706040607629.png

Last edited:
Reactions: doghousePVD
I'm curious who will be the first company to build a Heavy Duty light Truck with the range of a Diesel or even Gas Truck that can be used to tow heavy loads more than 200 miles. Something like the Ram and Ford 3/4 and 1 ton Trucks. Be able to put a 8 to10 foot plow on it and a Salt Spreader in the Bed. Since new ICE vehicles will be banned by 2035.
The Silverado can apparently hit 232.2 miles towing 6.500 lbs. So 2.5X more than the CT/F150L/Rivian. Is that your answer?