Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7/12 OD and stayed at 9/15-9/30 for this whole week until it changed this morning to 9/9-9/29.

I was watching the video of the Taycan racing the Model S Plaid yesterday and my 5 year old came over and was watching with me. She’s telling me to get the Model S. Lol. She knows I ordered a Model Y and when she sees one in the wild, she tells me that’s a Model Y. She’s sees a XC90 and she’s like that’s your old car. Same when she sees a same car my wife drives. I know she’s going to be into cars.

FYI: For anyone that are still shopping for a wall charger, you might be able to save $500 or more if you order a non Tesla WC. My electric company (PSEG) here in LI is offering instant $500 rebate if you buy a ChargePoint Home Flex or JuiceBox 40 EV (NEMA 14-50P Plug-In) from the Efficiency Marketplace. You can also sign up for the Smart Charge Rewards and they will pay you $0.05 per kWh when you use your charger between 11PM-6AM, 7 days a week. They also throw in another $50 enrollment bonus. If you didn't buy from the marketplace, you can apply for the rebate. There are other chargers that qualify for this. The Tesla WC is not a smart charger so it's excluded. I went with the JuiceBox.

I believe other electric companies might have similar rebates. There is also the federal tax credit.

This might give everyone something to do while they wait for their MYs. Will make the excruciating days/weeks/months fly by. LOL

Date moved up today from 8/5-8/25 to 8/1-8/19. This is my first time having an EDD range under 20 days. Really hoping for a VIN any day now that I see lots of folks getting them again.

Nice to see we're close on the ranges. I'd like to say it feels good to have an EDD so close but it's been 2 days out for basically a month now; always pushes out 1 day each day. So it turns out an EDD that is perpetually 2 days away becomes less reassuring over time. Sigh.

That's alright though. It'll get here eventually and life moves on.

Folks were also recently talking about the acceleration boost. I plan on getting it but don't have any great justification. I've mentioned this before (few hundred pages ago?) but my initial plan was to get a 7-seater performance, but obviously learned that wasn't a thing. I justify it to my wife by saying it's still cheaper than my initial plan. She rolls her eyes but is supportive. I'm looking forward to it. :)

I suppose I will look at the positive, but what are the chances that it is only 12 days because the end of the quarter. But again I am going to press my luck and say that my EDD will come back down in a day or two, unless I see some other Chicago area deliveries start slipping as well.

My EDD does seem to fluctuate more than theirs, mine jumps weeks at a time every couple days but usually lands back near theirs for a few days and then it fluctuates all over again

Welp today I woke up to an EDD of 8/11-8/27. Back on track. Even though my EDD fluctuates between September dates and early to mid August date, at least it has become some what predictable.

Since it looks like I haven't jinxed myself or others yet and because it is a way to pass the time, I am going to predict that tomorrow my EDD is 8/12-8/27, Sunday it will be some date range near the end of September, Monday it will be a range that spans later August and early September, and then Tuesday I will be sitting with @ajs847 with an EDD 8/15-8/27.

I attached my tracker that I used to come up with the prediction. The gap in the line is the day that my EDD disappeared. I also removed the "September" data points that everyone seen as an EDD back in June and used the previous day EDD (I am going to highlight those points to make them more visible, someday).

There are many that have been waiting a lot longer than me but I wanted to share some of my data:
  • Today marks day 56 from order and day 39 from color change
  • Today is my 32nd EDD change
  • My average start and end dates are 8/2-8/22
Just trying to stay sane.

Attachments

• Tesla EDD Tracker.png
    Tesla EDD Tracker.png
    364 KB · Views: 74
Lol to each his own I guess. Do you track race? The 1000hp hellephant isn’t even street legal lol. You can’t even get an inspection sticker for it here in NY (won’t pass emissions test). Very cool though! As for the accel boost IMO might as well just have gotten the MYP especially now with the LR price increases.
the challenger with the original hellcat was already a rolling burnout, and I drove it on the street on nice (dry days)... when the engine blew insurance wanted to total it out so I bought it from them (thanks gap insurance) and de-registered it, had a full roll reinforced roll cage installed and it pretty much sits in my 3rd garage spot. Since the engine swap I have run it one time at the drag strip, scared the holy ghost out of me and so i'll maintain it, idle the engine, rev it a few times a year to keep the engine lubricated but in 5-10 years when ICE's are outlawed I'm certain I'll be able to auction it for a pretty penny.

Last edited: