Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp today I woke up to an EDD of 8/11-8/27. Back on track. Even though my EDD fluctuates between September dates and early to mid August date, at least it has become some what predictable.

Since it looks like I haven't jinxed myself or others yet and because it is a way to pass the time, I am going to predict that tomorrow my EDD is 8/12-8/27, Sunday it will be some date range near the end of September, Monday it will be a range that spans later August and early September, and then Tuesday I will be sitting with @ajs847 with an EDD 8/15-8/27.

I attached my tracker that I used to come up with the prediction. The gap in the line is the day that my EDD disappeared. I also removed the "September" data points that everyone seen as an EDD back in June and used the previous day EDD (I am going to highlight those points to make them more visible, someday).

There are many that have been waiting a lot longer than me but I wanted to share some of my data:
  • Today marks day 56 from order and day 39 from color change
  • Today is my 32nd EDD change
  • My average start and end dates are 8/2-8/22
Just trying to stay sane.
Just talked with Tesla SC here at Schaumburg on my way to work. I was told Mine will be end of August. Did the change to third party finance and all the other things to be ready. They have deliveries for the May orders till early to Mid August.

mauv6ttqog511.jpg
day shifts 8/2 -8/15

Just talked with Tesla SC here at Schaumburg on my way to work. I was told Mine will be end of August. Did the change to third party finance and all the other things to be ready. They have deliveries for the May orders till early to Mid August.
Makes me wonder when my EDD dates will start to push out to closer to yours since we ordered literally the same day LOL unless there's a batch of black MY's in the system they forecast to include my RN/ VIN

Reactions: vvkp and PatrickTM
FYI: For anyone that are still shopping for a wall charger, you might be able to save $500 or more if you order a non Tesla WC. My electric company (PSEG) here in LI is offering instant $500 rebate if you buy a ChargePoint Home Flex or JuiceBox 40 EV (NEMA 14-50P Plug-In) from the Efficiency Marketplace. You can also sign up for the Smart Charge Rewards and they will pay you $0.05 per kWh when you use your charger between 11PM-6AM, 7 days a week. They also throw in another $50 enrollment bonus. If you didn't buy from the marketplace, you can apply for the rebate. There are other chargers that qualify for this. The Tesla WC is not a smart charger so it's excluded. I went with the JuiceBox.

I believe other electric companies might have similar rebates. There is also the federal tax credit.

This might give everyone something to do while they wait for their MYs. Will make the excruciating days/weeks/months fly by. LOL
On Long Island too and I almost did this but the folks at Tesla said then PSEG/Nassau county may make you get a permit for it….

That swayed me and I went with the Tesla one, I didn’t dive in deep to if any of it was accurate. The idea of having to get a permit was enough to scare me away.

I actually called order support. Said anyone with a MYLR ordered after July 10 is behind, thus no EDD on the website. No issues with profile, trying not to over promise and not deliver.
I ordered 7/11 and have EDD of 9/18-9/30. (End date of 9/30 has been constant; front date has moved between 9/15 and 9/21) Granted I’m in SoCal so might be eligible for the EOQ rush. But then again EDD might disappear tomorrow.

Makes me wonder when my EDD dates will start to push out to closer to yours since we ordered literally the same day LOL unless there's a batch of black MY's in the system they forecast to include my RN/ VIN

I really am interested to see how all this plays out, because I have been told before 8/15 multiple times, I know it can't be trusted but all our EDDs look like it may be possible. But when you look at the thread, it looks like there is a batch of blue and black being built because a lot of blues and blacks seem to have EDDs moving to the early to mid August timeframe. I wonder if the white builds are just week after or something. Just hope the shrinking window doesn't slingshot us to September, because we have seen people get the shrinking window with the window staying 2 days out, just to eventually shoot out two more weeks.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Then you are already completed. There were quite a few that did not upload the DL and insurance yet. From what I heard from the store SA and manager this is quite common that users procrastinate up to a few months when placing an order to fill this out unaware this impacts delivery time with the queue.
It's hard to upload the insurance without a VIN number though. I'm still seeing the greyed out button.

I really am interested to see how all this plays out, because I have been told before 8/15 multiple times, I know it can't be trusted but all our EDDs look like it may be possible. But when you look at the thread, it looks like there is a batch of blue and black being built because a lot of blues and blacks seem to have EDDs moving to the early to mid August timeframe. I wonder if the white builds are just week after or something. Just hope the shrinking window doesn't slingshot us to September, because we have seen people get the shrinking window with the window staying 2 days out, just to eventually shoot out two more weeks.
that's really my fear too... I know that if I don't have it by end of august, odds are Tesla is going to start dumping demo's and inventory nationwide in september and prioritizing west coast deliveries. Then it'll be back to square one... a lull at the beginning of october, then a ramp up for East coast deliveries second half of October then midwest in November...

that's really my fear too... I know that if I don't have it by end of august, odds are Tesla is going to start dumping demo's and inventory nationwide in september and prioritizing west coast deliveries. Then it'll be back to square one... a lull at the beginning of october, then a ramp up for East coast deliveries second half of October then midwest in November...
Plus it seems like april and may orders that weren't fulfilled in Q2 are just now being assigned vin's... hopefully we can get squeezed in since our orders were so close to the beginning of June but it depends on how many of those april and may orders there are that our early june orders could get pushed to Q4.

I usually don't post daily updates but I noticed this as well. Also, the EDD for the Black MY I ordered moved back up into August today after having sat in September for a couple of weeks.

I'm also in the NC crowd for the conversation yesterday about the lack of NC VINs (...on this board).

I usually don't post daily updates but I noticed this as well. Also, the EDD for the Black MY I ordered moved back up into August today after having sat in September for a couple of weeks.

I'm also in the NC crowd for the conversation yesterday about the lack of NC VINs (...on this board).
I'm really curious how your order will work out since your Black MY order was placed about a week before mine... would they produce enough MY's to lump our orders together as far as close VIN's or would you get a vin then I have to wait a week+. Keep us updated

I'm really curious how your order will work out since your Black MY order was placed about a week before mine... would they produce enough MY's to lump our orders together as far as close VIN's or would you get a vin then I have to wait a week+. Keep us updated
Black/Black MYLR here, order date 05/15

Life is pain.